Powered by Outside

Chain change

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 13:10 Quote
Hello everyone, so it's time to change my chain and i've read around that I have to change chain ring and cog, is this true? can't I ust get a new chain??

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 15:34 Quote
No, you don't always have to change rings and cogs when you get a new chain. Look carefully at the teeth on your rings and cogs. If they're shaped like shark fins, and you're having problems with skipping, yeah, you need new rings or cogs, but if they're not totally stretched and distorted, and you're not skipping, don't worry about it. FWIW, I've seen some really ugly rings and cogs that worked just fine.

Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
No, you don't always have to change rings and cogs when you get a new chain. Look carefully at the teeth on your rings and cogs. If they're shaped like shark fins, and you're having problems with skipping, yeah, you need new rings or cogs, but if they're not totally stretched and distorted, and you're not skipping, don't worry about it. FWIW, I've seen some really ugly rings and cogs that worked just fine.

Thanks for the input brother, much appreciated.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 14:30 Quote
to put this as clearly as i can; keep the old chain (dont bin it) when you fit the new one so that if it doesnt work with your old cassette & skips you can keep the old chain working & still be able to ride until you buy a new cassette which will not skip.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008628
Mobile Version of Website