Ritchey WCS carbon bars. FAKE or GENUINE?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Ritchey WCS carbon bars. FAKE or GENUINE?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
hello, i was hoping someone could let me know if these bars are genuine or not. they are wcs carbon handlebars bought from ebay. what concerns me is that if you look down the end, you can see that they are not the same thickness all the way around. at the thinnest point, id say they are less than 2mm. i know there are a lot of replicas out there and it can be hard to tell them apart from a genuine bar

opinions please? thanks
are these ritchey wcs carbon bars fake

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 13:44 Quote
Is there a part number on the handlebars maybe ? if so, send a mail to Ritchey with the picture and number, they should be able to tell you. But I fear it might be a copy ...

If it is a confirmed copy by Ritchey, you might get something from Paypal for example. You did not get what you paid for, so the insurance you pay for when you use their service should work and I believe you should manage to get a refund.

Otherwise it might just be a manufacturing defect, and in which case you could have it swapped under warranty. Don't ride it though, looks sketchy as F ! Big Grin

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
Thanks for the info, Is there an email address to contact ritchey?

Sean Smile

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
http://ritcheylogic.com/content/about-us/contact-us/

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
Did you buy them from China ?
If you did,yes they are.
Also,Ritchey would not let that out the door,no way

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 15:24 Quote
No lol that would be too obvious. They were second hand though so i dont know where they came from originally

Sean

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013254
Mobile Version of Website