Cannondale Claymore Rear Rotor 203mm Frame clearance / rub

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Cannondale Claymore Rear Rotor 203mm Frame clearance / rub
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 7:18 Quote
Hi fellow claymore riders.

I've just fitted a new set of Zee brakes to my 2012 Claymore and upsized the rear brake to an SLX Zee 203mm rotor. I've noticed however that there is only 1-2mm of clearance between the rotor and a frame weld. I'm concerned that if the rotor warps a little i'll get frame rub (not good). Does anyone else have the same issue with their frame and if so what did they do to fix it? i'm thinking about filling the weld slightly to get a little more clearance.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 6:45 Quote
ornorton wrote:
Hi fellow claymore riders.

I've just fitted a new set of Zee brakes to my 2012 Claymore and upsized the rear brake to an SLX Zee 203mm rotor. I've noticed however that there is only 1-2mm of clearance between the rotor and a frame weld. I'm concerned that if the rotor warps a little i'll get frame rub (not good). Does anyone else have the same issue with their frame and if so what did they do to fix it? i'm thinking about filling the weld slightly to get a little more clearance.

Hi mate, is it rubbing? Im running a 203mm rotor in the back of my 2 claymores with 2mm clearance with NO problem for 4 years of alpine riding. I guess you shold be okay.

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 7:18 Quote
Thanks for letting me know, i've been running the 203mm with a small amount of frame rub, nothing major other than a little paint coming off.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008628
Mobile Version of Website