Enduro comp ir command post routing

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Enduro comp ir command post routing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 9:31 Quote
Recently bought a specialized enduro comp 650b 2015 and want to fit a ir command post but can't figure out where the routing from the top tube goes anyone's help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Butty

Posted: Sep 20, 2015 at 20:46 Quote
Look just above the shock on the under sideof the "X" in the frame. There's a little opening. Is the post a stealth version? If it's stealth there should be a hole in the down tube for the cable.

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 2:17 Quote
Hi yes it's a internal routed command post , I've seen the hole where the X is in the frame and the hole in the seat post, so that's where it goes ?

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 21:08 Quote
There's a hole in the down tube chi see to the bottom bracket where the cable enters and goes up the seat tube. Cable runs down the underside of the down tube then into the frame. I checked an aluminum frame enduro today. Hope this, helps.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
I have the 2014 Enduro Comp (29) and I believe they're the same frame 99.9% identical, if not 100%. I had the shop install my IR command post and because it was labeled "IR" I expected it to be internally routed the whole way. Turns out, that's not the case and the cable enters, if I remember correctly, at the same place the other cables on the down tube are secured with the little plastic/rubbery bracket. That path basically runs inside the frame just above the BB.

Check out page 3 of 20 here and you'll get idea:

http://service.specialized.com/collateral/ownersguide/new/assets/pdf/0000017543_R3.pdf

Ideally you'll want a new triple bat rubber base that is extended (E) to cover the opening where the cable enters the frame.

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
Yeah it does thanks, I've took the bottom clip of and there's a hole, I will have a go at fitting it over the weekend thanks for the help !!

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 15:47 Quote
dbendixen wrote:
I have the 2014 Enduro Comp (29) and I believe they're the same frame 99.9% identical, if not 100%. I had the shop install my IR command post and because it was labeled "IR" I expected it to be internally routed the whole way. Turns out, that's not the case and the cable enters, if I remember correctly, at the same place the other cables on the down tube are secured with the little plastic/rubbery bracket. That path basically runs inside the frame just above the BB.

Check out page 3 of 20 here and you'll get idea:

http://service.specialized.com/collateral/ownersguide/new/assets/pdf/0000017543_R3.pdf

Ideally you'll want a new triple bat rubber base that is extended (E) to cover the opening where the cable enters the frame.

Hi that's what I thought the top tube hole confused me, I've took the bottom bat off and the hole is there and there's a spare slot on the bat for the cable so I will try fitting it this weekend !

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 12:37 Quote
Thank you very much for the info! I just had a shop tell me it was impossible to internally route with this frame.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
azooyorker wrote:
Thank you very much for the info! I just had a shop tell me it was impossible to internally route with this frame.

Under the last rubber seat for the cable routing on the downtube, the one before the bb, there's a hole to go in the frame, issue I hit was bb could not clear cable...not without a hacksaw removing plastic anyways....lol

Old thread I'm aware, just figured I'd leave this here in case someone else needs it...

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 17:06 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
azooyorker wrote:

Under the last rubber seat for the cable routing on the downtube, the one before the bb, there's a hole to go in the frame, issue I hit was bb could not clear cable...not without a hacksaw removing plastic anyways....lol

Old thread I'm aware, just figured I'd leave this here in case someone else needs it...

PJD1– I’ve got the same bike, and trying to figure out how to install a one up components v2 dropper... I removed the bottom rubber cable clip, and tried feeding the cable through the hole, but no luck. Would you mind explaining further how you got the cable into the hole and up the seat tube? I kinda got lost with the hacksaw. Thanks! Eric

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 6:29 Quote
Lepold wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
azooyorker wrote:

PJD1– I’ve got the same bike, and trying to figure out how to install a one up components v2 dropper... I removed the bottom rubber cable clip, and tried feeding the cable through the hole, but no luck. Would you mind explaining further how you got the cable into the hole and up the seat tube? I kinda got lost with the hacksaw. Thanks! Eric

I took the rubber insert back on that last cable mount and fed housing threw it into the bb with bb removed(kind of a mission use some mechanics wire and tape to get it pulled threw this section) and had to cut a slit into the bb's plastic to allow housing to run past it towards the rear then up the post. Also having extra housing is better.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
PJD1 wrote:
Lepold wrote:
PJD1 wrote:

I took the rubber insert back on that last cable mount and fed housing threw it into the bb with bb removed(kind of a mission use some mechanics wire and tape to get it pulled threw this section) and had to cut a slit into the bb's plastic to allow housing to run past it towards the rear then up the post. Also having extra housing is better.

Hi sorry guys I'm quite confused. I have a 2014 specialized enduro comp and a crank brothers Highline post. So where does the tubing go. Down the down tube then up to the dear post or through the X section of the frame? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 at 3:29 Quote
by PJD1
Views: 476    Faves: 2    Comments: 0
LouisCorreia wrote:
PJD1 wrote:
Lepold wrote:

Hi sorry guys I'm quite confused. I have a 2014 specialized enduro comp and a crank brothers Highline post. So where does the tubing go. Down the down tube then up to the dear post or through the X section of the frame? Thanks in advance.

The cable housing runs along the bottom of your downtube, in threw the LAST housing clip under the rubber there's a hole into the BB shell and up threw the seatpost...
Srry about vid quality, 6a.m while making coffee..

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Hey all, I found this thread and it was really helpful as I installed a OneUp 210mm dropper on my Enduro! Thanks to PJD1 for the video.

I did want to mention though, you don't have to go around the bottom bracket to route the cable. There is a hole that leads right from the seat tube into the down tube. So I just fed the cable down the seat tube, and you can see it go through the hole into the down tube, and then wiggled it around until I was able to grab it through the down-tube's opening (under the cable clamp).

Cheers!

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
dtzimmer wrote:
Hey all, I found this thread and it was really helpful as I installed a OneUp 210mm dropper on my Enduro! Thanks to PJD1 for the video.

I did want to mention though, you don't have to go around the bottom bracket to route the cable. There is a hole that leads right from the seat tube into the down tube. So I just fed the cable down the seat tube, and you can see it go through the hole into the down tube, and then wiggled it around until I was able to grab it through the down-tube's opening (under the cable clamp).

Cheers!

No problem.

On a 2015 Enduro? I'll have to look for that hole that leads right into downtube. Only way I could see is the hole where the downtube meets the bb. I could have been missing something but not sure.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017570
Mobile Version of Website