fave all mountain bike?

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
My fav All mountain was my 01 Slayer(to bad it got ripped off). Smooth and fast, climb so well. Handled some good drops, however the Head angle was not the best for Freeriding.

https://ep4.pinkbike.org/photo/1331/pbpic1331048.jpg

Now for my replacement of the slayer is the 04 switchSl. A little extra beef but at least I am not bening the bolt that runs through the shock like the slayer.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
orange 5 am 16"

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
I have the 08 RM Slayer Sxc 70, totaly the best bike for all mountain I have ever come across (even with the shocking stock rims and rubber), all the other bikes mentioned are mass produced with no individual care (I know RM are now building in China) mine was one of the last hand built bikes made, and it shows in the ride quality, the attention to detail and the sheer beautifulness (I think I made up a word) of the bike

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g267/isteb/DSC03380.jpg@ 27.6lbs.
XT Gruppo 06-07
7in. Hayes rotor up front and 6in. shimano rear rotor
Syncros FL 90mm (110gms for the 110mm)
Syncros Gain bar
Sunline Thin White grips
Spd 520
Syncros Carbon Seatpost 200+ gms
FL DS23 440 gms each
DT Swiss Revo Spokes
Bontrager Superlite Tubes 95gms each
SRP/Velo TiCrn rails 220gms
Salsa seat clamp ?gms
A2Z Skewers 95gms @

using this for light cruising.. have another wheelset that's meant for bashing and thrashing... weight for that is 29.8lbs.

Shimano 475 six bolt hubs
Ordinary spokes
Mavic 223 rims (yeah i know these are for x country.. but it's holding up quite well)
Panaracer Dart and Smoke wire bead tires...

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 20:48 Quote

See what I mean its Gorgeous

Posted: May 28, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
droges wrote:
My fav All mountain was my 01 Slayer(to bad it got ripped off). Smooth and fast, climb so well. Handled some good drops, however the Head angle was not the best for Freeriding.

https://ep4.pinkbike.org/photo/1331/pbpic1331048.jpg

Now for my replacement of the slayer is the 04 switchSl. A little extra beef but at least I am not bening the bolt that runs through the shock like the slayer.

I had one of those as well, was a great ride once I replaced the rear shock with a Vanilla RC and put in a 1250 spring. I would replace the mount bolts every other week so they wouldn't break on me. Funny that I still loved it.

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 4:44 Quote
not a single hardtail in this whole thread? damn!

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 4:15 Quote
im only 14 and am just getting into the sport i dont have much of a budget and dont need a bombproof build like those you listed above my budget is 850GBP ive seen a nice Giant Reign X2 2009 and a Specialized Enduro 2006 with double crowns which i would sell or trade for some 160-180mm single crowns to save weight. Could you possibly rate each one?

MODEL Reign X 2
SIZES XS (15"), S (16"), M (18"), L (20")
FRAME AluxX SL aluminium, Fluid Formed,Maestro suspension system,6.7''/170mm travel
FORK Marzocchi 55R 160mm travel, 20mm Thru-axle
SHOCK Marzocchi Roco R
HANDLEBAR RaceFace Evolve AM riser
STEM RaceFace Evolve AM
SEAT POST RaceFace Ride XC
SADDLE WTB Pure V Race, CroMo rails
PEDALS N/A
SHIFTERS SRAM X.5 18 speed triggers
FRONT MECH Shimano SLX
REAR MECH SRAM X.5
BRAKES Hayes Stroker Ryde disc, 160mm/180mm rotors
BRAKE LEVER Hayes Stroker Ryde
CASSETTE Shimano HG50 11-34
CHAIN Shimano HG73
CRANKS Truvativ Ruktion 24/36
BOTTOM BRACKET Truvativ Ruktion GXP
RIMS WTB Dual Duty FR 26"
HUBS Formula All-Mountain
SPOKES Stainless steel
TYRES WTB Prowler MX front, XT rear 26x2.3"
*WEIGHT KG / LB 17.36 / 38.04

Up for sale is a specialized enduro 06 with boxxers, bit of an overkill but it works. Spec is as follows;
Frame- Specialized enduro 06 medium, a few scratches but nothing that affects performance.
Forks- Rockshox Boxxers, could benefit from a service but still got life left in them.
Brakes- Hayes Nine, good condition and comes with new pads and a spare set (each set is worth £20)
Shox- Fox dh air 5.0, NOTE the shox needs a service, but just send it to tf tuned and it shouldn't be too expensive.
Cranks- FSA gap, good condition with some heel rub, comes with a set of dmr v8s. (white)
Rear derailleur- sram x-0, good condition and runing smoothly, uses blackbox technology.
Stem and bars- Da Bomb big stick, no scratches and in camo design.
Saddle- wtb, no rips and comfortable
Seat post- FSA sl- 280
Wheels- Halo Tornado- no scratches or dents and run true.
Tyres- High Rollers, still about 40% tread left.
The bike is running smoothly except for the shox which needs a service.

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 9:32 Quote
Mine would be the Trek Remedy, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned much.

Snapped a photo after this mornings ride, I have upgraded a bit from stock.

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 12:55 Quote
trek remedy is a great bike, the threads just so old and been dead for so long that it prolly didn't exist when the thread started.

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 13:23 Quote
wow, wicked grave dig!
my stumpjumper with a shorter stem and wider bar is great. other than that, I would say remedy or enduro.

To the guy who spammed the whole forum with his question, an enduro with a boxxer is rediculous. I wouldn't buy that one, and put another stupidly long fork on it either. Not knowing your terrain, its very hard to recommend a bike. go see your local bike store, and don't mention that enduro. Ask them what they recommend for where and how you want to ride.Smile

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 15:31 Quote
haha oh I didn't even notice how old the thread was! Still interesting though, it would be cool to get it going again, people can say what their fav is and maybe post some pics too.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 18:24 Quote
specialized enduro

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon or Nomad depending on how much downhill vs XC.

My second choice would be a RM though. I really liked how the cockpit felt on those too.

Posted: May 3, 2011 at 9:06 Quote
The 2011 Scott Genius LT adjustable travel on the handlebar and full lockout sick bike. Just got mine last week best bike ever, and did i tell you 185mm of travel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029274
Mobile Version of Website