Moving to New England need advice

PB Forum :: USA - East
Moving to New England need advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
Hi All,
I might be moving to New England soon and need some insight on the best riding areas. I'm coming from Oregon and like to pedal up to long, fast and rough downhills with lots of rocks, roots, drops and turns. Any knowledge you guys can share will be much appreciated!
Thanks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
ripdogg1 wrote:
Hi All,
I might be moving to New England soon and need some insight on the best riding areas. I'm coming from Oregon and like to pedal up to long, fast and rough downhills with lots of rocks, roots, drops and turns. Any knowledge you guys can share will be much appreciated!
Thanks.

What state?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 15:26 Quote
That's up in the air. My wife is finishing up grad school and we might be moving out there to get closer to her family. Probably NH, VT or MA.
I'm pretty open to wherever as long as the area has great riding.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 5:26 Quote
ripdogg1 wrote:
That's up in the air. My wife is finishing up grad school and we might be moving out there to get closer to her family. Probably NH, VT or MA.

Leominster State Forest in central MA has what you are describing. I used to ride there very frequently in college. Then of course there is Vietnam in Milford, MA. Not familiar with VT at all. There isn't much in the Nashua, NH area but closer to the coast there is Ft Rock, and up by Manchester is Bear Brook State Park (which I have never ridden but hear great things about).

Check out NEMBA for descriptions and locations:
http://www.nemba.org/trails

And then of course there is Highland Mountain Bike Park in Northfield, NH.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 11:50 Quote
Nictue wrote:
ripdogg1 wrote:

Leominster State Forest in central MA has what you are describing. I used to ride there very frequently in college. Then of course there is Vietnam in Milford, MA. Not familiar with VT at all. There isn't much in the Nashua, NH area but closer to the coast there is Ft Rock, and up by Manchester is Bear Brook State Park (which I have never ridden but hear great things

Check out NEMBA for descriptions and locations:
http://www.nemba.org/trails

And then of course there is Highland Mountain Bike Park in Northfield, NH.

Thanks for the info. We may be looking at Beverly, MA and that looks like it's in good proximity to all those places. Do you generally feel the riding out there is pretty good?

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 12:29 Quote
Beverly is fairly close to Harold Parker St Forest. Some fun stuff over there, lots of trails Pimp

Posted: Oct 12, 2015 at 15:02 Quote
Most of it is alright, not alot of tech stuff tho. Nothing like what your coming from

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 11:42 Quote
Beverly is close to Beverly, which is awesome.
Also, to the guy that says not a lot of tech stuff, are you serious? That's like 90% of the trails around New England.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011476
Mobile Version of Website