2010 specialized demo 8 rear shock hardware

PB Forum :: Specialized
2010 specialized demo 8 rear shock hardware
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 19:47 Quote
Basically I'm trying to find out what size hardware I need for my rear shock. It's been making a little noise lately from the front mount (closest to the headset). Now, I want to replace the reducer, spacers and bolt. My problem is that the reducer is 22.5mm long. The space between the two surfaces on the frame, where the bolt goes thru, is about 25mm. Give or take due to paint thickness. So when I tighten the bolt, the frame flexes until it makes contact with the reducer and spacers. This doesn't seem right to me. I have a owner's manual, and this is literally the only info it doesn't list. I called specialized and they only have dimensions for the 2009 and older demo 8's and 2010 and older demo 7's. Which use a shock shuttle, not mine. If anyone has a 2010 demo 8 and can take 2 minutes of their time to loosen the bolt and measure the hardware on theirs, I would be grateful. Or if you think I should just buy hardware that is 25mm, since that's the measurement on the frame. Any advice would be appreciated.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2019 at 19:02 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Basically I'm trying to find out what size hardware I need for my rear shock. It's been making a little noise lately from the front mount (closest to the headset). Now, I want to replace the reducer, spacers and bolt. My problem is that the reducer is 22.5mm long. The space between the two surfaces on the frame, where the bolt goes thru, is about 25mm. Give or take due to paint thickness. So when I tighten the bolt, the frame flexes until it makes contact with the reducer and spacers. This doesn't seem right to me. I have a owner's manual, and this is literally the only info it doesn't list. I called specialized and they only have dimensions for the 2009 and older demo 8's and 2010 and older demo 7's. Which use a shock shuttle, not mine. If anyone has a 2010 demo 8 and can take 2 minutes of their time to loosen the bolt and measure the hardware on theirs, I would be grateful. Or if you think I should just buy hardware that is 25mm, since that's the measurement on the frame. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey, In the same boat! What did you end up doing for the rear reducer sizing? Many thanks!

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Grego818 wrote:
brassinne wrote:

Hey, In the same boat! What did you end up doing for the rear reducer sizing? Many thanks!
It's been a little while since, but I ended up just taking my measurements and looking on universal cycles web page for the spacers i needed. They are local to me, so that was also very convenient. I ended up also using an old marzocchi shock wich I liked better than the fox rc4 that my bike came with.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018011
Mobile Version of Website