Kona Five-0 vs. Norco Sasquatch HELP!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Five-0 vs. Norco Sasquatch HELP!!
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
The forst time ill say this

kona ACTUALLY had a good idea, with the five o

Posted: Apr 30, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
Yeah, Personally. Im really liking that Five-O. Its really sick looking. Im not a fan of Kona but it seems good!

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
i was at a bike shop in kimberley bc and had it weighed. it came in at 32lbs and was an 18" frame. it has interchangeable dropouts so it can run singlespeed and stuff. sick bike

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
All I would say is, go test it out at the LBS. Im was actually looking at picking up one of those two bikes at the shop. When I tested out the 5-0 it felt really strange to me and it was hard to pick up the front end. The norco was much easier, actually even easier than what I was used to. But its all personal opinion, so go with what fits the purpose.

Also, dont judge the bike on looks, you cant see the paintjob when your riding, so why worry? Just do your research and you should end up with something good.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
Hey, actually, im getting pretty good vibes with the norco myself, and I might go take another look at it at the LBS. Im thinking if I buy it, i will also pick up an E.13 DRS. Has anyone tried one of these out? If so, do you need to get the iscg adapter plate for it to work on the sasquatch? Or can it just mount bettween the spacers on the bottom bracket?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:49 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Hey, actually, im getting pretty good vibes with the norco myself, and I might go take another look at it at the LBS. Im thinking if I buy it, i will also pick up an E.13 DRS. Has anyone tried one of these out? If so, do you need to get the iscg adapter plate for it to work on the sasquatch? Or can it just mount bettween the spacers on the bottom bracket?

Thanks for your help.

get a blackspire... way better man....

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Ill have to look it up, thanks.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Ill have to look it up, thanks.

two bash rings man... ive lost my chain with an e 13... never with my blackspire

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
hey, I just bought a five-o and I love it i haven't found any thing wrong with it yet and i think it's great for an all-around bike. i do DJ's on it and it works fine. My only problem is that the fork has a bit too little rebound but I used to have a dirt jam stuffed full of air so, i just have to get used to it.
does the fork not have a rebound adjustment on it?

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
i have a sasauatch theyre amazing
and they dont both have 5 inches up front
the five o has 140 mm and sasquatch has 160 mm
same fork, different travel

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
Tastel wrote:
i have a sasauatch theyre amazing
and they dont both have 5 inches up front
the five o has 140 mm and sasquatch has 160 mm
same fork, different travel

Weird... I was thinking BS, but your right... Dosent it have to do something with the oil leverls in the fork or something?

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
Every part I've ever had on this bike, which is many, it has always ridden well.

photo

I have never once regretted getting this frame, especially at the price of $96 shipped.

It's definitely a do-it-all bike.

I'm not big on Kona, lots of their frames seem to lack a gusset under the headtube, unless I'm blind?

Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Weird... I was thinking BS, but your right... Dosent it have to do something with the oil leverls in the fork or something?

Simply spacers. My 66 can be adjusted to either 150 or the current 170mm just by changing where one plastic spacer sits.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
no......
thats just what the bike companies ordered i guess
like the 2007 stinkys have 170 mm 888s
and 888s are usually 200 mm
so i guess kona wanted 140 and norco wanted 160

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
two bash rings man... ive lost my chain with an e 13... never with my blackspire

Then obviously you didn't have it set up right...
The system with two bash rings is heavy, and it's a pain in the ass when you want to get a different sized chain ring. Also on some bikes the dual rings don't fit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016466
Mobile Version of Website