Best R.M. bike

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 17:44 Quote
hi! what is the best R.M. bike for xc/trail? or is there one? not hardtail! am not looking for D.H. or ENDURO.mostly xc or singletrail or just free biking(LOL) up's and down's. maybe in 27.5 and 29!? 2011 to current. maybe carbon? maybe alloy? any suggestions would be awesome!

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 19:03 Quote
snoborder73 wrote:
hi! what is the best R.M. bike for xc/trail? or is there one? not hardtail! am not looking for D.H. or ENDURO.mostly xc or singletrail or just free biking(LOL) up's and down's. maybe in 27.5 and 29!? 2011 to current. maybe carbon? maybe alloy? any suggestions would be awesome!

Instinct MSL !

Posted: Oct 16, 2015 at 17:44 Quote
[Quote="Hoverp"]
snoborder73 wrote:

Instinct MSL ![/Quo
thanks! trying to do as much research on R.M.! just curious!? why the instinct compared to the element or thunderbolt?

Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 16:39 Quote
Instinct MSL.....I own a 2015 Instinct 970 MSL and love it.

My Bike
photo

Or if you want 27.5 a Thunderbolt BC Edition. The altitude is great but a little more enduro than anything else.

Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 20:45 Quote
[Quote="snoborder73"]
Hoverp wrote:
snoborder73 wrote:

Instinct MSL ![/Quo
thanks! trying to do as much research on R.M.! just curious!? why the instinct compared to the element or thunderbolt?

I just came back from Moab and my Instinct 999 MSL ( that weighs in at 24.5 lbs ) handled everything I could muster. Perfect for all around anything and tough as nails.

I feel the weight advantage is nice. Now the Altitude being a 27.5 is a whole different ride and more for aggressive bombing. , I rode with 2 other RM owners and both rode altitudes, great bike. But I'm a 29 er fan.

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 18:26 Quote
Look into the Thunderbolt series. I bought a 710. My first "brand new" bike, finally all "up to date". I got a 2015 on clearance, planning to slowly upgrade. It really is the "everything" bike. Climbs so well, SO comfortable, and am totally confident descending. It's quick up, it's quick down. Not too heavy.

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 7:23 Quote
snoborder73 wrote:

I think it depends whether you're leaning more to the "trail" side or the "XC" side. If it's more to the trail side, then you should probably look at the Altitude. If it's more to the XC side, then I recommend the Instinct.

I have a 2014 Instinct 970 MSL and it's a fantastic XC/trail bike. The stock weight at >28 lbs. is a bit heavy for an XC bike, so I put on some RF Next carbon bars, swapped out the dropper (really not needed where I live) for a RF carbon post, put on a slightly longer stem, and swapped the stock tires for TL Nobby Nics. It's now down to a respectable 25 lbs. It's fast, climbs extremely well, and the big wheels eat up the rough stuff. It's surprisingly agile for a bigger bike. The really nice part about the MSL is you can dial the bike in just a few minutes for the type riding your doing.

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
Blawrence wrote:
snoborder73 wrote:

I think it depends whether you're leaning more to the "trail" side or the "XC" side. If it's more to the trail side, then you should probably look at the Thunderbolt. If it's more to the XC side, then I recommend the Instinct.

I have a 2014 Instinct 970 MSL and it's a fantastic XC/trail bike. The stock weight at >28 lbs. is a bit heavy for an XC bike, so I put on some RF Next carbon bars, swapped out the dropper (really not needed where I live) for a RF carbon post, put on a slightly longer stem, and swapped the stock tires for TL Nobby Nics. It's now down to a respectable 25 lbs. It's fast, climbs extremely well, and the big wheels eat up the rough stuff. It's surprisingly agile for a bigger bike. The really nice part about the MSL is you can dial the bike in just a few minutes for the type riding your doing.

Uh, the Thunderbolt is more of the XC bike than the Instinct. Rocky has the Thunderbolt listed as XC and the Instinct listed as Trail and the BC Instinct as Aggressive Trail. I have the 970 MSL and have it set up as a BC edition and its hardly an XC bike. The Thunderbolt BC edition is listed as Trail as well. Maybe you are thinking Altitude vrs Instinct.

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
Yes, sorry. Altitude, not Thunderbolt!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009407
Mobile Version of Website