Mondraker dune

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2015 at 4:52 Quote
Hi guys ,

Im torn between the two new mondraker dunes and i desperately need advice on which one to get. The choice is between the 2016 mondraker dune rr or 2016 mondraker dune carbon r. Price wise for the two for me is virtually no different so it really depends on the bike /spec i guess. Any help will be appreciated

cheers

Posted: Oct 12, 2015 at 22:46 Quote
As far as I can tell, it is a battle between fox and rockshox. The dune rr has better brakes (seam guide rs compared the the carbons sram guide r) but the carbon is o.5kg lighter. Let us know which one you choose after

Posted: Oct 12, 2015 at 23:58 Quote
I'd go for the carbon model. The carbon frame has better curves and colors. The aluminum version does have the fox which I like but I just wouldn't be able to jive with the color scheme and that is a deal breaker. If it had better colors I'd probably choose the aluminum version.

FL
Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
hi,
i have 2015 model and the rear triangle is cracking often,..me and friends ride it as do it all bike trails and baik park
i would go for carbon version since they changed rear end, so i guess now it works, and its lighter,..buying new, better brakes is cheaper and rock shox works rly well

also try 10mm stem if you can i love it some hate it Big Grin

Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 9:22 Quote
a third for the carbon! I couldn't live with the colours

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
Theocr wrote:
As far as I can tell, it is a battle between fox and rockshox. The dune rr has better brakes (seam guide rs compared the the carbons sram guide r) but the carbon is o.5kg lighter. Let us know which one you choose after

Yeah i think im heading towards the carbon r or maybe even the rr...

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 at 4:26 Quote
no1000 wrote:
I'd go for the carbon model. The carbon frame has better curves and colors. The aluminum version does have the fox which I like but I just wouldn't be able to jive with the color scheme and that is a deal breaker. If it had better colors I'd probably choose the aluminum version.

The colours are really in your face , orange and green it doesnt go at all. the carbon rr may be an option for me aswell depending on how much i am willing to work my bum off haha.

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 at 4:28 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:
hi,
i have 2015 model and the rear triangle is cracking often,..me and friends ride it as do it all bike trails and baik park
i would go for carbon version since they changed rear end, so i guess now it works, and its lighter,..buying new, better brakes is cheaper and rock shox works rly well

also try 10mm stem if you can i love it some hate it Big Grin

Thanks heaps for your input , i didnt know about the cracking problem so i really thnk ill be going carbon maybe even the rr which is amazing looking and spec wise really good. Im not to sure about 10mm stems they look very odd and dont they raise the bar height a lot?

Posted: Oct 15, 2015 at 4:29 Quote
Theocr wrote:
a third for the carbon! I couldn't live with the colours

I am 100% with you there!

FL
Posted: Oct 15, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
its personal pref in the end, yes it rise the bar, but you can down the tube of fork, if you get a chance try it otherway yes its rly expensive,... i tried 10 and 30, and now i ride 10mm...

have a blast on new bike

Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 5:26 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:
its personal pref in the end, yes it rise the bar, but you can down the tube of fork, if you get a chance try it otherway yes its rly expensive,... i tried 10 and 30, and now i ride 10mm...

have a blast on new bike

ok i will probably go 20mm incase. Also how tall are you and what size do you have? Ride impressions?

FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
i am 172cm and i ride size M
first ride is like something is strange with this bike,than you change your riding position and its like ok now i ride dh bike
it is my first bike which feels like it could be riden faster/harder i dont know i rly like forward geometry
if you have chance go on test ride if possible test day

Posted: Oct 18, 2015 at 3:44 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:
i am 172cm and i ride size M
first ride is like something is strange with this bike,than you change your riding position and its like ok now i ride dh bike
it is my first bike which feels like it could be riden faster/harder i dont know i rly like forward geometry
if you have chance go on test ride if possible test day

Ok cool , i'm 184cm so i think i'm a large. Yeah iv'e read you need to be more over the front but its how i ride anyways. A buddy of mine has a large alloy 2015 one so ill give it a crack. Thanks heaps for your input.

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
I have a quick question about the new 2016 Dune Carbon.

In the Pinkbike's initial review of Dune carbon (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mondraker-dune-carbon-first-ride.html) they say: "Mondraker has added an adjustable headset top cap that can slacken or steepen the head angle +1°/-1° from the stock 66° on the Dune XR".

Does anyone know whether you could still use Works Components -2° headset to get it to 63°?

Posted: Jan 6, 2016 at 3:46 Quote
tooFATtoRIDE wrote:
I have a quick question about the new 2016 Dune Carbon.

In the Pinkbike's initial review of Dune carbon (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/mondraker-dune-carbon-first-ride.html) they say: "Mondraker has added an adjustable headset top cap that can slacken or steepen the head angle +1°/-1° from the stock 66° on the Dune XR".

Does anyone know whether you could still use Works Components -2° headset to get it to 63°?

Ide say youde have to use one or the other not both, thats pretty bloody slack! my dune carbon r is stock at 66 and im probably only going to take it to 65 otherwise it gets real long

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029424
Mobile Version of Website