Whistler questions

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Whistler questions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 5:26 Quote
I'm going to whistler this summer for 2 weeks an i'm wondering what kind of trails
to hit up. I'm about an intermediate rider. Also where in whistler is the airdome?, I want to
go there to learn some new tricks
thanx fo ur input

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 5:32 Quote
www.whistlerbike.com

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
I live up there. If you want, when the time comes i can show ya a few of the cooler, and funner trails whistler has to offer. Let me know when the time comes!

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
Its Whistler, theres any trail you want there. Crank It Up is a great beinner/intermediate rider trail, it's soo fun. A-line and Dirt Merchant is a must ride.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
chomers wrote:
Its Whistler, theres any trail you want there. Crank It Up is a great beinner/intermediate rider trail, it's soo fun. A-line and Dirt Merchant is a must ride.

Chom,

Crank it up(wall/berm rides)=deadly in the wet! Haha, damn those slippery walls...Ya Whistler has quite the variety for B-line (haven't actually done it) to D1. By the way, is D1 still open? Cause damn it was fun!

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 23:56 Quote
Was near the end last year, i don't see why they close it.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 0:10 Quote
Jumps And flow TRails - ALINE , DIRT MERCHANT , FREIGHT TRAIN ( tho has some tech sections but not that bad )

Tech trails - whistler DH , joy ride is super fun ( quite advanced tho ) , and shcyler ( sorry for spelling )

Warm up - CRANK IT UP OR B LINE

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 5:43 Quote
forgottenfreerider wrote:

Damnit Mike get an avatar, that guy on your DP is kinda creepy.

Oh ya Joyride FTW!

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 6:01 Quote
forgottenfreerider wrote:

I've never been to whistler! so I dunno what its gonna be like, anyway its gonna be sweet.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
Don't forget the crabapple hits!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
Don't forget the crabapple hits!

Oh yea A-line to crabapple!

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
I will go to whistler with my friends to!

i'm waiting for the summer begins! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

a-line... I will eat you!!!! hahahahaah

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
don't forget to hit up some of the obstacles on the slopestyle course!

Posted: Jan 27, 2008 at 0:18 Quote
Haha ya Crank it up can be sketch in the wet, but thats my warm up trail, has a fun section with 3 walls in a row. and some smaller tables. expect slower riders in front though, so dont go totally pinning down

Of course A-line, mostly tables, berms, and speed. there is one tech spot tho but not for long.

Dirt Merchant, is pretty much like A-line except the jumps are little more bigger at spots, and are not always tables.

Freight Train is my favorite,it flows into Dirt Merchant etc., so its great, mostly just tables, bigger ones then A-line, and a really fun step-up, to berm, to another step-up on to two crates, then drop off.

The techy downhills were the schyler, Whistler DH, Joy Ride, and one other quite popular one, cant think of the name though.

P.S. you will LOVE it, Whistler makes you feel like in one day you have learned so much and go so much faster. Plus most of the people are super rad to, even the skaters at the park.

oh and if your wondering where there dj's are its kinda hard to explain, but the dirt parking lot right next to the lift (over a hill), they r on the other side of the trees by the river, same with the skate park.

wow... really long post lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010507
Mobile Version of Website