how to start racing?

PB Forum :: Downhill
how to start racing?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 23:33 Quote
Agree with pm ranger. Google mtb racing north carolina and pick your event. I just started here in hawaii last year and it was super chill. You may see me as I'm headin to benning next week and will be racing in southeast as well.

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
pm148 wrote:
ricar wrote:
Look up a local spot and see if they have practice nights to get your feet wet. It's easier to get introduced to the locals and get a feel for etiquette, then hit up a race without your bike (even take it maybe they let you ride in practice). Talk to the nice lady at registration and ask about the next race. Race day can be more intense, all the riders have the nerves going, but IME most often riders are pretty cool and very willing to help newbs get into it.

A little advice, any attitude needs to be checked. You pretty much want to go with the attitude you know nothing and be prepared to start at the bottom. They don't know what you know, they will most likely talk to you like you are new to everything. If you give attitude they will not respond well, after a couple weeks you'll figure it out.

Hahahaha that's was the most over-analyzed thing I've ever read. Chill bruh it's not complicated just go to a damn race.

And that was a completely useless post. Guess we both have issues.

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
ricar wrote:
pm148 wrote:
ricar wrote:
Look up a local spot and see if they have practice nights to get your feet wet. It's easier to get introduced to the locals and get a feel for etiquette, then hit up a race without your bike (even take it maybe they let you ride in practice). Talk to the nice lady at registration and ask about the next race. Race day can be more intense, all the riders have the nerves going, but IME most often riders are pretty cool and very willing to help newbs get into it.

A little advice, any attitude needs to be checked. You pretty much want to go with the attitude you know nothing and be prepared to start at the bottom. They don't know what you know, they will most likely talk to you like you are new to everything. If you give attitude they will not respond well, after a couple weeks you'll figure it out.

Hahahaha that's was the most over-analyzed thing I've ever read. Chill bruh it's not complicated just go to a damn race.

And that was a completely useless post. Guess we both have issues.

It's not more useless than the novel you wrote. Are you the guy who wites commercials for reality tv shows? Because that's that your making bike racing sound like

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 14:47 Quote
No, I'm the guy that posts an answer related to the OP's question based on my own experience. You post some negative crap with no point at all. You did not need to read my post, feel free to skip any or never read another of my posts again. I think you need to figure out what in life has any importance because, that did not.

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 15:54 Quote
ricar wrote:
No, I'm the guy that posts an answer related to the OP's question based on my own experience. You post some negative crap with no point at all. You did not need to read my post, feel free to skip any or never read another of my posts again. I think you need to figure out what in life has any importance because, that did not.

I made a comment because I don't want some people reading this and thinking racing is some weird thing like you described it. The second half of your original comment is where I found fault.

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
Holy jeez I thought the children we're supposed to be back in school after the summer.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013053
Mobile Version of Website