Spank tweet advice

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Spank tweet advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 23:21 Quote
Hi I know people hate those threads when someone tells "I need a right answer and as soon as possible" but I have run into a decision making and looking for some advice here.

I decided I am going for 24'' hardtail as I want to get into street/park riding and having some fun on BMX track. I was digging for Dartmoor two4player for a long time and finally when I found a suitable build I came across with another option. Spank tweet (previous generation ... - 2010) with 24" wheels. It looks good and has great components but I am worrying myself out how it works with 24 wheels as it seems to be a 26 specific frame.

I read from Tweet thread (https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=55287&pagenum=25) some users' feedback that it isn't that horrible for street/park but feels unnatural in dirt. I am mostly concerned about street/park cause that what I am going to ride. Plus I have 26 wheels laying around if I really want to hit the dirt.

So what to you think. I am kind of a rookie...been riding street for a year on 26'' hardtail and wanting to get more into street as well park and learn some basic tricks. Wat's the call? Is it worth to try out Tweet with 24'' wheels or stick with Dartmoors 24'' specific frame?

Thanks in advance Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 11:05 Quote
stick with dartmoors frame specific for your desired wheel size. bikes are made to run a certain size for a reason.. when you change that you are messing up the geometry and it wont ride as intended by the company.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 15:08 Quote
Some frames were made to run both 24s or 26s but they are a compromise between either so not the best with either. A 24 specific frame would be the best option if you want to run 24s. I am a 24" rider as well, I have run frames that could run 24s or 26s so I do have that experience. If you want the 24s go 24 all the way!!

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
Thanks for advice guys. Will stick to 24" specific then Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009422
Mobile Version of Website