Orange seal vs stans

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Orange seal vs stans
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 13:39 Quote
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, been using Stan's for years but I'm interested in trying Orange Seal. Can I just use the Orange Seal without cleaning the old Stan's out?

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 at 13:49 Quote
dorksquad wrote:
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, been using Stan's for years but I'm interested in trying Orange Seal. Can I just use the Orange Seal without cleaning the old Stan's out?

I dunno, but I've wondered the same thing. At a guess I'm thinking you'd just get a slightly different colored glop. One might cause the other to coagulate though, who knows?

Give it a shot and then tell us. What's the worst that could happen? A flat tire?

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
dorksquad wrote:

I dunno, but I've wondered the same thing. At a guess I'm thinking you'd just get a slightly different colored glop. One might cause the other to coagulate though, who knows?

Give it a shot and then tell us. What's the worst that could happen? A flat tire?

Just added the orange seal into tires with pre-existing Stan's, we'll see. Though not sure how much riding I'll be getting in since here in the midatlantic winter is setting in, and I work snow removal for city government. Will update ASAP though.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
dorksquad wrote:
RunsWithScissors wrote:
dorksquad wrote:

Just added the orange seal into tires with pre-existing Stan's, we'll see. Though not sure how much riding I'll be getting in since here in the midatlantic winter is setting in, and I work snow removal for city government. Will update ASAP though.

Cool. Thanks for being willing to try it! I'm kinda curious, but not curious enough to go out and buy a bottle of Stan's just to find out...

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 4:03 Quote
Is there a difference for bikes between:
https://shop.slime.com/collections/tube-and-tubeless-sealants
&
https://shop.slime.com/collections/tire-sealants
?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2018 at 15:26 Quote
ka81 wrote:
Is there a difference for bikes between:
https://shop.slime.com/collections/tube-and-tubeless-sealants
&
https://shop.slime.com/collections/tire-sealants
?

No they both suck. Orange seal or Stans works

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
Any advice today?

Squirt, Orange, Muc-off,.. any other?

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
Anyone find stans eventually degrades their tyres and sweats through like crazy?

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Maverick-dm wrote:
Anyone find stans eventually degrades their tyres and sweats through like crazy?

Maybe, but I think it's more like your sidewalls get weathered and worn and eventually THAT causes the sealant to seep through. Not sure how you'd really prove it one way or the other, tho. You could be right for all I know.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
I could be imagining this but I think the original Stans has changed due to less puncture protection for me. And thought it uncool to have to pay more for "race" for the good stuff. Been doing the simple mold-builder and windshield washer fluid with zero issues in two years. I add glitter just because it's pretty. Still have a quart of stans I won't open. I'll gift it. My friend uses the orange stuff and swears by it.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
Maverick-dm wrote:

Maybe, but I think it's more like your sidewalls get weathered and worn and eventually THAT causes the sealant to seep through. Not sure how you'd really prove it one way or the other, tho. You could be right for all I know.

Have you found this happens with other brands as I've only used stans for some stupid reason?

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 19:58 Quote
Maverick-dm wrote:
RunsWithScissors wrote:
Maverick-dm wrote:

Have you found this happens with other brands as I've only used stans for some stupid reason?

Yeah, I've seen Trucker Co. and Orange seal seep, too. Especially in wet/humid weather.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017307
Mobile Version of Website