New bike: Commencal Meta AM V3 2016?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New bike: Commencal Meta AM V3 2016?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 22:31 Quote
My current rig has about reached the end of its days, and even though its almost winter I'm itching to replace it.

I'm looking for something 2500$ ish, that can handle everything from the bike park to long rides with big climbs/descents. I saw commencals new lineup has a V3 spec'd with a Pike RC for $1999. I'm super tempted to buy it, but I am a little weary of all the house brand components. Does this look like a good buy?

Link: http://www.commencalusa.com/meta-am-v3-essential-2016-c2x17825805

I'm also considering some of commencals bikes from last year, and an intense tracer 275 alloy foundation from the LBS.

I would love to hear some opinions! or suggestions of other bikes! Thanks

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 17:08 Quote
Hi there, just giving my opinion. I have a meta v3 2013 and I love it. Used it in local enduro events and it handled some big climbs in the transitions. I have also used it for purely downhill also and it handles everything that I've put it through, from rocky, rooty and down right steep (local and the WC track in Andorra). It's not the lightest although I'm not a weight watcher. So far it's never let me down.

Posted: Dec 2, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
I own a META AM V3 Essential 2015 with ALPHA Ride wheels, handlebar, grips, saddle, seatpost, headset. At Commencal they call this bike the super-adventurer, and they are right! I ride this beatiful machine anywhere, from extremely technical enduro stages, to 1800 metres elevation gain hikes. Wheels are not the lightest nor the beefiest on the market, but they do their job. Not a single spoke broke, and with tubeless ready tires they perfectly hold air. To be honest, the headset sometimes needs to be tighten up, but I assure you that there are no other bikes with Rockshox air suspension at this price. Of course, you won't get a dropper post, but the Raceface/SRAM drivetrain and DB5 brakes are sweet. Go for it!!! [Shame that in 2016 they won't make it in Neon Yellow... Razz ]

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 8:47 Quote
Did you end up buying anything? I was going back and forth between the same two bikes and ended up going with the Meta. It's due to arrive on Tuesday. Can't freakin' wait.

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 13:46 Quote
Facingtraffic wrote:
Did you end up buying anything? I was going back and forth between the same two bikes and ended up going with the Meta. It's due to arrive on Tuesday. Can't freakin' wait.

You should have your META now mate, haven't you? Doesn't it look astonishing? Did you ride it?
Actually I didn't have to buy anything. I'm going to buy a chain device just in order to prevent the chain from slapping too much along with the rear derailleur, anyway the chain has never dropped out so far (well done, Race Face! Wink ).

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
DaBobcat wrote:
Facingtraffic wrote:

You should have your META now mate, haven't you? Doesn't it look astonishing? Did you ride it?
Actually I didn't have to buy anything. I'm going to buy a chain device just in order to prevent the chain from slapping too much along with the rear derailleur, anyway the chain has never dropped out so far (well done, Race Face! Wink ).

I was actually wondering if @shreddingGNAR had made a purchase, but yes, it arrived and I managed to get it out for a ride over the weekend.

I love it thus far. It's my first full susser. Right off the bat it just feels so planted. The rear wheel just stuck to the ground and let me keep pushing through sections that would have had my Mason hardtail bouncing all over the place. I imagine it'll get even better once I have the time to really settle on suspension settings.

I did manage to drop the chain on one particularly rough downhill section. I'll probably nab a OneUp guide soon. I have a D.O.S.S. on the way. The Fox Outlet store is clearing them out at $165 USD! I'll probably throw Shimano brakes on sometime soon as well just to keep things consistent bike to bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
Sorry for the late response guys! I ended up getting the tracer from my LBS because it was too good of a deal to pass up. The meta was super tempting tho. Thanks for the responses

Posted: Dec 20, 2015 at 14:48 Quote
Facingtraffic wrote:
DaBobcat wrote:
Facingtraffic wrote:

I was actually wondering if @shreddingGNAR had made a purchase, but yes, it arrived and I managed to get it out for a ride over the weekend.

I love it thus far. It's my first full susser. Right off the bat it just feels so planted. The rear wheel just stuck to the ground and let me keep pushing through sections that would have had my Mason hardtail bouncing all over the place. I imagine it'll get even better once I have the time to really settle on suspension settings.

I did manage to drop the chain on one particularly rough downhill section. I'll probably nab a OneUp guide soon. I have a D.O.S.S. on the way. The Fox Outlet store is clearing them out at $165 USD! I'll probably throw Shimano brakes on sometime soon as well just to keep things consistent bike to bike.

The META AM has been my first full sus as well, and it took a while to get used to that pedaling feeling. However, the suspension system is quite efficient and with proper SAG you will be able to climb anywhere just like a XC bike (either in pedal or open damping mode!).

Posted: Dec 28, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
I would like to know if anyone has ordered a bike in Canada and where are they shipping the bikes from if I order them from the USA site.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Hi guys, this bike looks very appealing and interested in buying it (2016). With this price is hard to find something better.
This will be my first full suspension bike and I'm more used to XC trails rather than enduro, but starting to ride more and more on descending trails. Would the bike be fine?
Also, which size do you have? I'm 179cm and 85cm inside leg.

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
Seems that prices on the website are great. 1800 for a meta am3. Looks like i'll be getting one soon.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 19:38 Quote
I've been looking at them hard also.. Trying to decide if I should get the tr v3 or the am . I ride mostly trail and thinking the am will be overkill and harder to pedal than the tr. the tr is 140-130 , either way both great price wise

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
gougeon27 wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has ordered a bike in Canada and where are they shipping the bikes from if I order them from the USA site.

really late haha but i was just reading. mine was shipped from california

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012751
Mobile Version of Website