Best enduro race bike?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 19:52 Quote
I wanna start thinking about a bike mostly to race on as well as some trail riding for next race season. what do you feel are the best enduro race machines out there?

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
I don't think there is one "best enduro race bike". It's like the ford vs Chevy debate, people are always buised to one brand or the other. I can recommend the specialized enduro (I've had experience with one of the new ones) the intense tracer (I've tried this too) and the gt sanction (my fury has a similar suspension design). Find a few demo days and figure out which one you like best because its really down to personal preference.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
Do you have any personal experience with the sanction?

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 14:21 Quote
start with what your LBS carries (and hopefully you can demo some). If none are suitable, then look further.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 14:27 Quote
brianl wrote:
start with what your LBS carries (and hopefully you can demo some). If none are suitable, then look further.
i work at a shop that stocks devinci, trek, GT, ibis, yeti, niner, and focus. But could also get hold of most smaller brands like transition, Canfield, and evil.

My shop doesn't sell too many super aggressive enduro rigs so I'm limited as to what I can demo.
Out of those brands what would you choose?

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
In my opinion, I'd go with the trek remedy or the ibis hd3. Both of them have a very proven pedal platform while being very capable on descents. I'd imagine you'd get a better deal going with trek so I think that's where I would be leaning.

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
ElStig wrote:
In my opinion, I'd go with the trek remedy or the ibis hd3. Both of them have a very proven pedal platform while being very capable on descents. I'd imagine you'd get a better deal going with trek so I think that's where I would be leaning.
my current bike is a remedy and I would rather get something a bit more downhill oriented, as I have a dedicated trail bike in my stable as well.

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 19:17 Quote
I would lean towards the sanction, or the devinci spartan. Those definitely are more focused on the aggressive side of things. I've ridden a GT force, and it was decent. The GT suspension design is pretty bobby on the climbs, but it is nice on the descents. I felt the force didn't reward me enough on the descents to make it worth pedaling the thing up the hill. My bet is that the Sanction will pedal equally to the force, but will be a much better bike on the descents.

Posted: Nov 7, 2015 at 20:15 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
brianl wrote:
i work at a shop that stocks devinci, trek, GT, ibis, yeti, niner, and focus. But could also get hold of most smaller brands like transition, Canfield, and evil.

My shop doesn't sell too many super aggressive enduro rigs so I'm limited as to what I can demo.
HD3 or Spartan would be my top picks too. Not as popular but the Niner WFO is worth a look also.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 1:34 Quote
Raise the fork on your remedy to 160, get a bolt and some bushings made so you can run a monarch plus on there and it'll have 149mm rear travel. Throw on a magic Mary and you're set for enduro.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2015 at 15:14 Quote
brianl wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
brianl wrote:

HD3 or Spartan would be my top picks too. Not as popular but the Niner WFO is worth a look also.
demoed a WFO yesterday and HOLY SHIT it's one of the best bikes I have ever ridden.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 3:51 Quote
evil insurgent or yeti sb6c....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012043
Mobile Version of Website