Post Your Marin!

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Post Your Marin!
Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 9:39 Quote

Here is my Marin Attack Trail. The mail pivot nut de laminated from the frame. I bought used, so technically no warranty. I used the website contact form twice with no response at all back. I don't think I will own another Marin or carbon bike for that matter.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
inverted180 wrote:

Here is my Marin Attack Trail. The mail pivot nut de laminated from the frame. I bought used, so technically no warranty. I used the website contact form twice with no response at all back. I don't think I will own another Marin or carbon bike for that matter.

I will also not be buying another Marin in the future. Im pretty pissed off with the warranty service and i bought my bike brand new.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 2:30 Quote
I'm in the uk and the warranty process has been relatively easy. I tried contacting marin directly and they said they would only deal with a marin dealer and not the customer.
I went through the dealer and he said that he has done 3 frames in the last few months with exactly the same crack.
He also mentioned that all 3 were given carbon rear ends as replacements.
Also he said give it 4 weeks....

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 13:17 Quote
Stevelamont wrote:
I'm in the uk and the warranty process has been relatively easy. I tried contacting marin directly and they said they would only deal with a marin dealer and not the customer.
I went through the dealer and he said that he has done 3 frames in the last few months with exactly the same crack.
He also mentioned that all 3 were given carbon rear ends as replacements.
Also he said give it 4 weeks....

Really Carbon rear ends? Over here in Canada I haven't been able to get a word out of any of these Marin guys. I started my warranty claim with Marin on Nov 2 And here we are in February and I'm still waiting, So im not sure how those guys got frames in 4 weeks.

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 2:43 Quote
I had absolutely no luck going to marin directly. The only solution was to go through the dealer. As the aluminium rear ends have not been revised I can only assume that it makes business sense to send out carbon ones to safeguard against future claims.

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 9:41 Quote
Stevelamont wrote:
I had absolutely no luck going to marin directly. The only solution was to go through the dealer. As the aluminium rear ends have not been revised I can only assume that it makes business sense to send out carbon ones to safeguard against future claims.
Yeah thats about what I figured aswell, because if i get sent out an identical rear triangle im just going to sell the frame because i wont be going through this again.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
My current Freeride/Enduro bike. Still got a few more things to change on it but this is mostly the finished bike.
Current Freeride Bike.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 8:13 Quote
Update. Frame arrived today. No carbon rear end but they have sent a full frame in the grey/blue colour scheme. Not sure if I'm happy or not as all my accented upgrades are red!

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
Stevelamont wrote:
Update. Frame arrived today. No carbon rear end but they have sent a full frame in the grey/blue colour scheme. Not sure if I'm happy or not as all my accented upgrades are red!

What not even the same color as what you originally had, they better not try that funny business with me. Id be furious if i were you spending all that money on color specific parts just to be sent a completely different color rig.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.imgur.com/UcHdFiJ.jpgIt renders all my red hope parts useless. I would be pissed but I was toying with the idea of leaving all the red on my nukeproof anyway.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
Won't let me post from Imgur for some reason..

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
Now is this a 2016 frame or 2017? Or a 2015 with the same crappy rear triangle ?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
It's definitely a different triangle. There are minor differences. Most notably the little hole that the crack appears around is now gone.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
This is my 21 year old Nail Trail. Still going strong. Just bought a new Pivot, so now this will be my tow rig using a new Trail-Gator.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032194
Mobile Version of Website