Post Your Marin!

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Post Your Marin!
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17095105/
Wolf at ings mine

My 2018 Wolf ridge 8

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
2019 Alpine Trail 8. Stoked.
2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
My humble Marin Pine Mountain 1, just going for Enduro Race last 2 month ago..just happy with it on my budget all rounder bike.
Marin Pine Mountain 1

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
2019 Alpine Trail 8. Stoked.
2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8

Love the look of the Alpine trail , Looks exactly like an updated Attack Trail, so if it’s anything like my attack trail it should be awesome!

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
2019 Alpine Trail 8. Stoked.
2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8

Love the look of the Alpine trail , Looks exactly like an updated Attack Trail, so if it’s anything like my attack trail it should be awesome!
I had the 2018 Attack Trail and it was a fun bike. The Alpine is more lively... has more pop and climbs much better. It feels like less of a monster truck. I am really digging the parts spec and the 29ers. Stoked!

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
updated from my last post. new bits include an SLX brakeset, and M530 pedals, xt drivetrain, xfusion sweep hlr rc, reverb stealth dropper, hand built wtb I29 hoops on hope pro 4 hubs.


Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
My San Quentin 2. Ergon grips, HT pedals, KS Lev Si dropper

Hidden Valley Park in Kansas City MO.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:22 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17332823/

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
[Quote="AndyF82"]https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17332823/[/Quote
Finally arrived
nice bike Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
[Quote="marin8ted"]
AndyF82 wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17332823/[/Quote
Finally arrived
nice bike Smile
Thanks. Still trying to figure out how to upload pics on here

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 1:23 Quote
[Quote="AndyF82"]
marin8ted wrote:
AndyF82 wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17332823/[/Quote
Finally arrived
nice bike Smile
Thanks. Still trying to figure out how to upload pics on here
No worries,just upload to your profile as you have,click on the pic and copy the PB address into the PB image box et voila!Salute

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Marin Rift Zone 2

18 RZ2 with Fox 34, King hubs on Flow rims, Maxxis ikon 2.35 rear, ardent 2.4 Front, xt cassette and xt 180 rotors, spank bars and stem, odi elite grips, nukeproof horizon trail pedals, will soon have a dvo topaz shock

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
jamieSaunders wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
2019 Alpine Trail 8. Stoked.
2019 Marin Alpine Trail 8

Love the look of the Alpine trail , Looks exactly like an updated Attack Trail, so if it’s anything like my attack trail it should be awesome!
I had the 2018 Attack Trail and it was a fun bike. The Alpine is more lively... has more pop and climbs much better. It feels like less of a monster truck. I am really digging the parts spec and the 29ers. Stoked!


It's been a few months so I thought I would share some thoughts...

- vee rubber is not good for dry loose over hard pack. I switched to a minion dhf 2.5 in the front but kept the vee rubber in the back.
- the TRP brakes are damn good, especially at the price point. Pleasantly surprised. The terrain I ride is fast/flowy. I am not light (190lbs) and they are working mint!
- The fox 36 is ok. Nothing really wrong but not really great. I like a squishier fork with small bump sensitivity and this fork doesn't really check off those needs... even after a full service.
- 29ers are fantastic.
- NX is ok. I had GX last year and it was way more crisp. NX is fine but I prefer GX and above.
Overall I am super happy with the bike. I will continue to ride as is and replace parts as needed.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040996
Mobile Version of Website