Switching to 27.5

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Switching to 27.5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
Hey guys I am New to the forums and figured I would start posting. My big thing is I am switching over to 27.5 from my old tallboy. I want something a lot more aggressive that is pretty pedal friendly but descends really well and that I can do some enduro racing next summer on. The bikes i have been looking at is the HD3, I demoed it and loved it and loved how well it pedaled I kinda want something a bit more aggressive but its still on my list because of the overall first impression was great. The others I was looking at was a nomad, a spartan (really like the idea of this cause I am a big dude and it looks bomb proof and I like the lifetime warranty) a Transition Patrol, the reign, or a intense tracer. I am a big guy 6' 4" - 6' 5" and 225 - 235 depending on the day so I want a bike for a big dude that will hold up to some abuse. Any other ideas are welcome as well Thanks!

Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
At your height why are you writing off 29ers?
If you have any Niner dealers nearby take a look at the WFO:
http://www.ninerbikes.com/wfo9

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 7:11 Quote
if you want an agressive bike, that goes well in downhill sections, try trek´s slash! climbs well enough.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 11:33 Quote
Santa Cruz Nomad. Since you all ready ride a Santa Cruz tallboy the nomad will feel similar just 10x more aggressive the Nomad has a nice 65 degree head angle so it's nice and slack. The Nomad is a great peddler too. Since you are a "Big guy" make sure you look at the sizing chart. Good luckBeer

29ers do not feel aggressive at all.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
dcasperson wrote:
Hey guys I am New to the forums and figured I would start posting. My big thing is I am switching over to 27.5 from my old tallboy. I want something a lot more aggressive that is pretty pedal friendly but descends really well and that I can do some enduro racing next summer on. The bikes i have been looking at is the HD3, I demoed it and loved it and loved how well it pedaled I kinda want something a bit more aggressive but its still on my list because of the overall first impression was great. The others I was looking at was a nomad, a spartan (really like the idea of this cause I am a big dude and it looks bomb proof and I like the lifetime warranty) a Transition Patrol, the reign, or a intense tracer. I am a big guy 6' 4" - 6' 5" and 225 - 235 depending on the day so I want a bike for a big dude that will hold up to some abuse. Any other ideas are welcome as well Thanks!

Try the the Enduro 29er and new Stumpy. The former change the way you feel about 29" aggressive bikes. The 2016 Specialized Stumpy comes in an XXL and is now like the EVO was in 2015.

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
dcasperson wrote:
Hey guys I am New to the forums and figured I would start posting. My big thing is I am switching over to (27.5) from my old tallboy. I want something a lot more aggressive that is pretty pedal friendly but descends really well and that I can do some enduro racing next summer on. The bikes i have been looking at is the HD3, I demoed it and loved it and loved how well it pedaled I kinda want something a bit more aggressive but its still on my list because of the overall first impression was great. The others I was looking at was a nomad, a spartan (really like the idea of this cause I am a big dude and it looks bomb proof and I like the lifetime warranty) a Transition Patrol, the reign, or a intense tracer. I am a big guy 6' 4" - 6' 5" and 225 - 235 depending on the day so I want a bike for a big dude that will hold up to some abuse. Any other ideas are welcome as well Thanks!

Try the the Enduro 29er and new Stumpy. The former change the way you feel about 29" aggressive bikes. The 2016 Specialized Stumpy comes in an XXL and is now like the EVO was in 2015.

He is looking for a 27.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike, not a 29er. The Enduro 27.5 is a great bikeCool

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 17:22 Quote
north-shore-king wrote:
ryan83 wrote:
dcasperson wrote:
Hey guys I am New to the forums and figured I would start posting. My big thing is I am switching over to (27.5) from my old tallboy. I want something a lot more aggressive that is pretty pedal friendly but descends really well and that I can do some enduro racing next summer on. The bikes i have been looking at is the HD3, I demoed it and loved it and loved how well it pedaled I kinda want something a bit more aggressive but its still on my list because of the overall first impression was great. The others I was looking at was a nomad, a spartan (really like the idea of this cause I am a big dude and it looks bomb proof and I like the lifetime warranty) a Transition Patrol, the reign, or a intense tracer. I am a big guy 6' 4" - 6' 5" and 225 - 235 depending on the day so I want a bike for a big dude that will hold up to some abuse. Any other ideas are welcome as well Thanks!

He is looking for a 27.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike, not a 29er. The Enduro 27.5 is a great bikeCool

I own an Enduro 27.5, yes it is great. I meant to say Stumpy 27.5. Ain't no reason to get all exclamation pointed up in here.

Posted: Nov 28, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
Sorry ryan83 it is annoying to me when people post stuff that is off topic. I didn't mean to get all up in arms about it.Facepalm

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2015 at 7:15 Quote
north-shore-king wrote:
Sorry ryan83 it is annoying to me when people post stuff that is off topic. I didn't mean to get all up in arms about it.Facepalm

All good and I understand that. I don't take the internet that seriously Beer Cheers.

Posted: Dec 6, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
I just got an intense tracer carbon and love it.. I more of a cross country guy myself and even with a 1x11 I can still get it up some asscents without too much effort

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
ryan83 wrote:
north-shore-king wrote:

All good and I understand that. I don't take the internet that seriously Beer Cheers.
Cheers to you as well.Beer

Posted: Dec 7, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
north-shore-king wrote:
ryan83 wrote:
north-shore-king wrote:

Cheers to you as well.Beer

seems appropriate:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.newbelgium.com/images/beerlabelsnew/touchmenu_fattire.jpg

Posted: Dec 18, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
I'm really liking my Trek Remedy after riding a Stumpjumper Evo 26 for a couple of years. You can adjust the geometry as well to suit your needs.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 17:34 Quote
north-shore-king wrote:
Santa Cruz Nomad. Since you all ready ride a Santa Cruz tallboy the nomad will feel similar just 10x more aggressive the Nomad has a nice 65 degree head angle so it's nice and slack. The Nomad is a great peddler too. Since you are a "Big guy" make sure you look at the sizing chart. Good luckBeer

29ers do not feel aggressive at all.

I went with your advice and just purchased a used nomad frame and the build will be done on Wednesday pics coming soon.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013762
Mobile Version of Website