What Are The Best Grips In The World?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
What Are The Best Grips In The World?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 22:02 Quote
Hello!

What characteristics make up your favorite grips?

Lock-on or push-on? Full flange, 1/2 flange, or no flange? Sticky icky, squishy wishy, or hard as a rock?

Weigh in people. Your voice matters!

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 21:29 Quote
I've gone through many different grips in the past 5 years. From Ergon, to lockons to oury and everywhere in-between. Last spring I put a pair of ESI Chunky silocone grips with an ODI clamp on the outside (for protection) and I'm done. Cheap, great with or without gloves, dampens vibration, and look clean. I can't recommend them enough. Just make sure you have rubbing alcohol and air compressor to put them on!

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 6:49 Quote
Ive found I like thin grips on everything but my DH bike..

That being said, the Alienation Moto is the thinnest ive found.. its a lock on with 1/2 the center tube cut out, so half the grip is directly on metal..

I run ODI Rouge on my DH bike, thick and soft..

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
I've switched it up a few times as well in the last couple years and I'm now running the Race Face Half Nelson's with the lock on the outside for both my bikes. I like how they feel, good grip, and they hold up well. As a half lock-on grip I get no twisting. I also reverse them so the lock is on the outside for protection.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 12:26 Quote
ODI Rogue are now my grips of choice. I've tried alot, but I haven't tried them all so I won't dare say mine are the best. I can only say I have no complaints at all. Have not had any hand-based discomfort since I started using them.

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
what do you guys think of ergon grips? ive been wondering about them since i finished a long bike tour through africa and was really impressed with how comfortable the ergon grips were day after grueling day. my hands get real cramped when riding bike parks all day so im looking for a solution

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
nickmtb914 wrote:
what do you guys think of ergon grips? ive been wondering about them since i finished a long bike tour through africa and was really impressed with how comfortable the ergon grips were day after grueling day. my hands get real cramped when riding bike parks all day so im looking for a solution

I've had them and they were OK. If you are having really bad hand issues I'd recommend looking at things like handlebar type and setup, suspension setup, riding technique (staying loose vs. tensing up), strength and even tire pressure. I've struggled with this periodically and have found for me it was a combination of those things.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
I would have to say some of the softer ones that have special patterns and that aren't too thick. Up to date I have only ridden Chromag Palm skins and Sensus Swayzes

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 26, 2015 at 3:23 Quote
I'm a fan of the narrower lock on grips. I have chromag basis right now and love them. Very positive solid feel. On a dh bike I would prefer the chromag squarewave with the slight bulge in the middle.

Posted: Dec 30, 2015 at 16:59 Quote
RaceFace Good & Evil cause they are bulging grips so I can actually grip the bars.

I have rather big hands (oooerrrrrr)

;-d

Ergon Gp-1s are good for preventing pins & needles as numbness can be painfull and take enjoyment out of riding forme atleast.

Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
I recently put on some WeThePeople Raptor grips. They are slip on, low flanged and are fairly soft. So far the feel awesome!!

Last set were Lizard Skin Peaty lock ons that I wasn't thrilled with, seemed to thin and squishy when wet.

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 23:42 Quote
I've got the Santa Cruz palmdale and find it perfect. I like that the lock on is only on the inside so that my hands are not bothered by lock ons on the outside. Also find it to be perfect sizing and squishiness.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
ODI ruffian for me. Lock on, very sticky, small diameter grip.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 9:54 Quote
ODI Ruffian Lockon or similar everytime.
Must be thin, tacky rubber, black(no coloured grips please), Lockon is essential havnt even entertained slip on for well over a decade.
Ive always found the Knurled pattern of the Ruffians to be the most comfortable and grippy, I can live with part waffle but majority must be plain knurled, best thing about the ODI's and renthals are that even when the Knurled pattern has worn, due to the supper tacky rubber they use there is still polenty of life in them when used with gloves.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
Why no slipons if fitted correctly then they're fine in use

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014514
Mobile Version of Website