Slash, Nomad or Capra

• Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2015 at 5:31 Quote
no love for the GT Sanction?

Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
This is the first time I've heard that Trek Slash is boring Smile
You can't find more active rear end on the market besides Slash.
Of course this active suspension makes it also active if you spring out of the saddle uphill, but this is a trade of what you get for fun at descends.

Posted: May 13, 2016 at 22:01 Quote
I know this thread is a bit out of date but...

I have the opportunity to buy a used capra or a used nomad 3 frame only at the same price. Both will be built up with a Fox 36 and X2 coil shock.

My question is, cost aside, which is better?

Posted: May 14, 2016 at 19:50 Quote
jaame wrote:
I know this thread is a bit out of date but...

I have the opportunity to buy a used capra or a used nomad 3 frame only at the same price. Both will be built up with a Fox 36 and X2 coil shock.

My question is, cost aside, which is better?

Buy the nomad my capra's frame has failed in two places in just 6 months, love the way it rides but the nomads are very similar on the trail and a world better in quality.

Posted: May 14, 2016 at 23:22 Quote
Thanks for that Danny.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 1:18 Quote
Ridden a nomad, own a Capra. Very similar! Would own the Santa Cruz but couldn't afford/justify the price difference. It's not 2-3k better, but it is better imo.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 13:15 Quote
Thanks for that Tall Tom T.

I had a deal on a second hand capra but the seller pulled out. Now I've got the chance to buy a nomad, 2015, all black, £50 more which is nothing.

I originally wanted a nomad when they came out, but the price was too high so I kind of got set on a capra.

I have seen a couple in the flesh and I think the finish quality is pretty shoddy. I still prefer the overall lines and aesthetic of the capra but I know the finish on Santa Cruz is unreal, even though they are made in China which I normally try to avoid if I can.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
jaame wrote:
I have seen a couple in the flesh and I think the finish quality is pretty shoddy. I still prefer the overall lines and aesthetic of the capra but I know the finish on Santa Cruz is unreal, even though they are made in China which I normally try to avoid if I can.

Almost all carbon mountain bike frames are made in China or Taiwan.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
Yes I know. I spent ten years in Taiwan and my wife is Taiwanese. I dislike China for political reasons.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:13 Quote
jaame wrote:
Yes I know. I spent ten years in Taiwan and my wife is Taiwanese. I dislike China for political reasons.

Well you will be happy to know the nomad is made in Taiwan then.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:21 Quote
I'm pretty sure all Santa Cruz is made at their facility in China. They used to use a Taiwanese vendor until four or five years ago, when they opened their own place in China. It's a minor detail. I'm still undecided is to which bike to get... That is just a small sticking point.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013240
Mobile Version of Website