Cardiff riders

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Cardiff riders
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 4:57 Quote
Hi, I would come to live in Cardiff in six months and i would like to know the riding spot for enduro or DH nearby the town. Is it possible to ride easily between midday with an Enduro bike or hard-XC ? where do you ride like this and when ? I'm mtb cycling addict and i would like to find friends to show me the best path and ride à lot. Sorry for the words, i'm learning days after days.
Thank a lot.
Maxime

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
Let me know when you get here, maybe meet up for a ride at one of the nearby forest trail centres.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 6:30 Quote
Yes, for sure ! thank you !

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 13:05 Quote
Me and a mate of mine regularly go to bike park wales and cwmcarn, you're more than welcome to tag along. Drop us a PM and ill sort you out with my number and we can work something out mate.

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
novyparts wrote:
Hi, I would come to live in Cardiff in six months and i would like to know the riding spot for enduro or DH nearby the town. Is it possible to ride easily between midday with an Enduro bike or hard-XC ? where do you ride like this and when ? I'm mtb cycling addict and i would like to find friends to show me the best path and ride à lot. Sorry for the words, i'm learning days after days.
Thank a lot.
Maxime

Hi dude, you look pretty confident on a bike
You are in for a treat mate, there are trails everywhere, i would not bother with any of the trail centres, there is so much more amazing unofficial riding to be done in S. Wales, with that said the latest cwmcarn trail has some fun sections & bike park wales is awesome too.
I would advise going to your nearest bike shop when you get here and they will direct you to some natural trails, generally within 30 minutes ride of each trail centre there are much more fun technical tracks to be ridden

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 23:30 Quote
Thank's !
but my age no longer allows me to be as confident of myself…i just try to ride fast with fun but not too fast…Wink
as soon as I get there, I'll go to see bike-shop and i'll contact you. tup

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 23:16 Quote
You can start with Castle Coch- it's just outside the Cardiff and you've got plenty space for enduro and even one or two DH lines. Any questions, PM me Wink

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 23:56 Quote
ciechan wrote:
You can start with Castle Coch- it's just outside the Cardiff and you've got plenty space for enduro and even one or two DH lines. Any questions, PM me Wink

Buah aha hahahahahahahha Castle Coch makes me giggle every time I see it (like the little child I am)... but also if I see a sign for it I know I am near the trails as well after a long 3 hour drive. Have to say it has been a while since I've been down to South Wales to go anywhere other than BPW. I must get the DH bike to Cwmcarn one day and properly hit the old (but not the original) downhill track.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 23:59 Quote
'Is it possible to ride easily between midday with an Enduro bike or hard-XC ?'

I think Castle Coch suits it perfectly Wink

There is also line with quite big road gap so you can find mini-dh Wink

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 21:06 Quote
Castel Coch woods, Caerphilly mountain, Garth Mountain, Tyn y coed, Machen, Willie Mountain, Smilog/Llantrisant and many others are all very close to Cardiff and are very descent for a range of rides. There are also the trail centers and the Becon Beacons & Black Mountains all within an hours drive. You'll not get bored for a long time. There's also s fairly big scene so finding other riders isn't hard.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007112
Mobile Version of Website