Maxxis MinionDHF or DHR II for Enduro?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Maxxis MinionDHF or DHR II for Enduro?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 7:41 Quote
I was running tubeless with the magic marys at 22 psi. Still wasnt gripping good. Same pressure with the DHR 2s and its night and day.

Posted: Jun 24, 2016 at 23:45 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
DHF,front and rear seems popular now aswell,anyone running it?

DHF f&r has been my set up for the past year. It's definitely my favourite front, just so dependable for the local conditions (dry,loose). It does need a bit of speed to perform though.

As a rear it is very grippy in the turns, but the ramped knobs means some climbing traction is sacrificed. Rolling speed is decent for such a knobby tyre. Braking is decent too, but lack of paddle like knobs means there are better braking designs out there (HR2, DHR2).

To be honest I prefer something with more XC speed as a rear, with better climbing traction and slightly more drifty. High volume, low knob tyres at low pressures have worked for me in the past.

Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 5:41 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
DHF,front and rear seems popular now aswell,anyone running it?

DHF front and rear is probably the most popular combo for the last 10 years.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
dhf front, aggressor rear would be a good combo

Posted: Jul 5, 2016 at 0:49 Quote
Travel66 wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:
tcarnie wrote:
I have a dhr2 in the back 2.3 and a magic Mary up front 2.35 and well it's amazing.

That's my set-up too, in 29er flava, and it's proving to be a good combo in the wetter muddy conditions up here inScotland. Definitely not for XC riding though as they drag a bit, but for techy trails they rock.

I love the Mary up front on my first 29 and going to try dhr2 out back

Have run MM SG on F+R on Downhill bike and found very flexible in wet/dry/rocks/roots/mud/loose (Tubeless)

Posted: Jul 5, 2016 at 1:22 Quote
I'm running DHF 3c 2.5 front and DHR 2 3c 2.4 rear. I'm really happy with this setup, but I might try double DHR 2 next time.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
I got a Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 wide and it measure to 2.25. Pretty disappointed with that.

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 17:20 Quote
Another vote for the magic Mary SG casing and dhr 2 exo wt casing on my nomad. Running tubless and nox farlows if that matters

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 11:29 Quote
arnie86 wrote:

I have been riding this combo lately (DHF 2.3 3c exo tr, Aggressor 2.3 dual exo tr). Great roll speed and grip overall! The only complaint I have is the fact that the DHF's casing is way smaller than the one on the Aggressor. This can clearly be felt on rougher, rocky terrain as the tires damping in the front falls short compared to the Aggressor and also the Butcher 2.3 grid which I used before the DHF. I think I'll try the DHR II 2.4 3c exo or the DHF 2.5 3c exo next time. The roll speed of the Aggressor really surprised me compared to the Slaughter 2.3 grid I rode before. I had imagined it way worse. Traction and braking of the Aggressor are far superior.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
amanite55 wrote:
arnie86 wrote:

I have been riding this combo lately (DHF 2.3 3c exo tr, Aggressor 2.3 dual exo tr). Great roll speed and grip overall! The only complaint I have is the fact that the DHF's casing is way smaller than the one on the Aggressor. This can clearly be felt on rougher, rocky terrain as the tires damping in the front falls short compared to the Aggressor and also the Butcher 2.3 grid which I used before the DHF. I think I'll try the DHR II 2.4 3c exo or the DHF 2.5 3c exo next time. The roll speed of the Aggressor really surprised me compared to the Slaughter 2.3 grid I rode before. I had imagined it way worse. Traction and braking of the Aggressor are far superior.

The 2.3 DHF comes up really small on volume vs HR2 as well....2.5 the only way to go imo

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 6:01 Quote
Yes, I run DHF EXO 2.5 front and 2.3 rear.

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 at 21:33 Quote
dvp8 wrote:
I got a Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 wide and it measure to 2.25. Pretty disappointed with that.
On what wheelset?

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 18:20 Quote
b0cephus wrote:
dvp8 wrote:
On what wheelset?

Inner width was probably too small for the 2.5

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014243
Mobile Version of Website