Rear shock for my remedy

PB Forum :: Trek
Rear shock for my remedy
Posted: Sep 17, 2016 at 15:07 Quote
Spicer, your s star! Nice one mate. I went on to do my own research snd ended up going to offset bushings. I'm slightly resistant to buying a standard bolt of the shelf, but will if I can't get the Slash bolt easily.
Thanks a lot for your time and in depth breakdown of what's needed etc. Really helpful! Thanks again

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 19:53 Quote
I have the off set bushings for a Trek Remedy 2014 -2015 with the Trek bolt so it looks stock.
I had this with a Monarch RC3. If anyone wants to buy the bushings or shock its for sale. BTW it works awesome only reason I am selling it is I just picked up a new Remedy for a deal I couldn't pass up . So I took all my parts of my 2014 Remedy and put everything stock back on it and I am selling it.

Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 6:27 Quote
Hi Spicer
Thanks for your detailed post. I am just about to change the standard shock on my 2016 remedy 9.8 but going through the same issues.
Can you tell me why the CCDB won't fit, I was about to buy one?
What have you fitted? I've read bad reviews of the CC inline.
Last question, does the Slash top bolt thread into the rocker? my top rocker has bearings in it so the bolt would have to have a nut on it to secure. I was just going to get a standard bolt and machine it to make it a good fit but would rather use a standard part if it will work.
Thanks, Andy

Posted: Oct 30, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
andyjwalton wrote:
Hi Spicer
Thanks for your detailed post. I am just about to change the standard shock on my 2016 remedy 9.8 but going through the same issues.
Can you tell me why the CCDB won't fit, I was about to buy one?
What have you fitted? I've read bad reviews of the CC inline.
Last question, does the Slash top bolt thread into the rocker? my top rocker has bearings in it so the bolt would have to have a nut on it to secure. I was just going to get a standard bolt and machine it to make it a good fit but would rather use a standard part if it will work.
Thanks, Andy

The air can of the CCDB is too big. If you have it mounted with the air can at the top, it hits the suspension rocker. Have it at the bottom and it hits the seat tube- it's not possible to get both bolts in because of the interference.

I've got a CC Inline, which is night and day over the monarch and fox drcv I had. Supposedly not the most reliable shock though.

No, the bolt has two parts. The long internal bolt goes all the way through and sits in the bearings. It has a female thread on the end, and is supplied with another small bolt which bolts into this from the other side and covers the other bearing

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
Hey Spicer,

Bike: 2014 Trek Remedy 9.8, Shock: 2017 Fox Float X Evol

So, I ordered the offset bushings, the Slash upper bolt and the shock just arrived. I went to install it and as luck would have it, I can't get the shock to fit. The top of the shock hits the rockers by a bit. Looks as if i need another 6mm overall between the rockers. Did I miss something along the way???...totally bummed out right now!!!

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 2:49 Quote
I would also like to know this. I have a 2015 remedy 9. Have also purchased offset bushings plus slash top bolt kit. Was going to order a float x evol.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 6:53 Quote
Ford408 wrote:
I would also like to know this. I have a 2015 remedy 9. Have also purchased offset bushings plus slash top bolt kit. Was going to order a float x evol.

Hey Ford.....well, after tons of poking around and looking at a ton of pics I keep coming up with the same thing...we can use that shock quick easy as long as it's on a 2014 and later 29er. The 29er uses a different rocker link, it has more of an arch and the tab with holes to bolt to the shock are a bit longer to get away from the shock head. Google Tracey Moseley's Remedy or Justin Leov s Remedy 9.9 race bike. Look closely at the rocker link and you'll see what i mean. It's a bit different from ours (I have a 27.5).

Now I wonder, can I simply exchange the rocker link without totally screwing the geometry?? Or did they just re-shape the link for the shock... Not sure yet as I just came to this conclusion about an hour ago. I'm headed to my lbs after work to take measurements on the 29er floor model. I do know they want $230 for the link.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
Hey guys,

The description I gave earlier was for a CC inline.
I've no idea about the fox shock, I've only run mine with the stock Fox DRCV, a monarch, a CCDB air and the CC Inline. I've not got my hands on a fox one to try, but I encountered the same problems as you when I tried the CCDB air- it just didn't fit. Try flipping it upside down. If it doesn't fit then unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do about that.

If the 29er remedy rocker link has more clearance and would fit one, then I'm pretty sure the dimensions between the mount points is going to be different too unfortunately, and it'll affect the geometry. How much, I have no idea.

cheers

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 9:49 Quote
If you don't have any luck with the Fox, there is always the new CC inline coil to consider, which I'm sure will address many of the reliability issues the inline has. You'll obviously lose the ability to adjust the progressiveness via the air volume, but probably get better small bump / responsiveness

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 12:01 Quote
There is a guy with one on his remedy 29er on here. Username tmanb3. I sent him a msg last night. He supposably had to grind recessions in the link to fit the evol. Does a monarch plus clear without issues? There is also the dvo topaz which looks good.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
Ford408 wrote:
There is a guy with one on his remedy 29er on here. Username tmanb3. I sent him a msg last night. He supposably had to grind recessions in the link to fit the evol. Does a monarch plus clear without issues? There is also the dvo topaz which looks good.

That's odd that he had to do some grinding. Look at Justin Leov's bike (hope I did this right) -
Justin Leov s Remedy 9.9 race bike.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 12:42 Quote
Ford408 wrote:

i just saw the pic. Very odd that his 29er rocker link is like the one on my bike (27.5). All the other 29er rockers i've seen were the type that would facilitate the Float X. But, it does explain why he had to grind it. I'm trying to avoid that.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
Yeah I will not be grinding. Was wanting fox to match my 2017 36 up front. There is always the x2 which is smaller up top.

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 2:59 Quote
That rocker link on leovs bike is custom.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
spicer wrote:
I've got a 200x57 cc inline on mine, which is a huge upgrade over the penske racing float DRCV it came with (remedy 9). Just get some offset bushings, and the upper bolt from the slash linkage to mount a different shock. the CCDB air doesnt fit.

I also tried a monarch, which felt a little better, but has nothing on the inline!

Can you post up a few pics?

Active Forum Threads
22 mins ago - Frames with water bottle mounts?
49 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
57 mins ago - stuck between models
1 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2023!
2 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
2 hours ago - +256702530886 #twins Pregnancy spells caste,r and fertility spells to help you conceive a child of your own
2 hours ago - +256702530886 win Court Cases spells caster +256702530886WIN COURT CASE QUICKLY
2 hours ago - +256702530886 #twins Pregnancy spells caster and fertility spells to help you conceive a child of your own Florida
2 hours ago - How to join illuminati occult for money ritual in +256783573282Al Ahmadi EDINBURGH Canada and USA%+256783573282
2 hours ago - Fertility Spells Get Pregnant now +256783573282 VOODOO, WITCHCRAFT AND BLACK MAGIC
3 hours ago - Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
3 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
3 hours ago - Slow air leak after shock rebuild - looking for ideas
4 hours ago - All Things Meta 29er!
4 hours ago - 21’ Stumpjumper EVO thoughts
5 hours ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
6 hours ago - Tyee 2020
6 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
7 hours ago - Ripmo AF Thread
7 hours ago - Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
7 hours ago - Sizing for more upright riding position
8 hours ago - ~$3K Carbon Endurance Road Bike
8 hours ago - Grease recommendation.
8 hours ago - Gear cable length
8 hours ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014713
Mobile Version of Website