GT AOS Linkage Questions

PB Forum :: GT
GT AOS Linkage Questions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 13:53 Quote
I've got a 2015 Sensor, this bike is designed with 130mm travel front and rear. I'm moving up to an all mountain terrain soon and would like to save some money. My question is this: Can I swap out the linkage (Bottom bracket housing) form a 150mm bike like the force onto my sensor, and just put a longer travel fork like a 150mm on it? I know the 2016 Sensor is 140mm, and it's the same frame, so I'm not too concerned with the stress on the frame. Any input? If I can, where could I buy just the linkage?

Thanks guys!

Posted: Dec 10, 2015 at 19:46 Quote
Just spoke with the tech support at GT and they claim that I can just put the 7.5 x 2.0 shock out of the force into my bike to achieve what I want. Way easier fix than I thought it would be.

Posted: Dec 19, 2015 at 17:28 Quote
Im not surprised that you can do this, Im just not sure why you'd want to do it. You'll change the way the suspension arcs through it's travel and probably more importantly you'd raise the BB height. Part of the reason the Sensors are so fun is their lower center of gravity. If it was me, I'd put a 150mm for up front, short stem an at least some 750mm bars. It'll still carve corners well that way and when you hit some chuncky stuff that front end will still stay planted. I have a friend who has the sensor X with the 150 fork and he does everything he wants with it.

Posted: Dec 20, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
Well they claim to use the same geometry/frame for the sensor and force. I just don't want to ruin what I've got on it now, and to be honest, my shock is pretty shitty

Posted: Dec 28, 2015 at 21:52 Quote
Heck, if it's that easy in theory, give it a whirl and let us know what happens. I'm curious now.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014658
Mobile Version of Website