2016 specialized Enduro 29 ?

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 specialized Enduro 29 ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2015 at 18:30 Quote
I'm wondering how they handle steep technical gnarly double diamonds with drops of 10 feet or more to skechty shale landings. Compared to a downhill race bike.

Posted: Dec 19, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
It's the same as every other year model of the E29 and it's a trail bike...a monster of a trail bike but a trail bike nonetheless. I use mine as a DH bike but there are situations where a big bike makes more sense.

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 20:14 Quote
@Dustfarter. It apears as though you have a custom enduro 29 with 150 or 140 mm fork which would make the head angle less slack.
I could be wrong. The enduro 29 was designed around a 160mm fork which gives it a 67.5 degree head angle. The new stumpy 29 has 67 degree head angle. So here, their trail bike is slacker than their enduro bike and if you have 150mm in the fork, then you would basically have xc geometry. Again, I could be wrong on this. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 4:03 Quote
Joegrant wrote:
@Dustfarter. It apears as though you have a custom enduro 29 with 150 or 140 mm fork which would make the head angle less slack.
I could be wrong. The enduro 29 was designed around a 160mm fork which gives it a 67.5 degree head angle. The new stumpy 29 has 67 degree head angle. So here, their trail bike is slacker than their enduro bike and if you have 150mm in the fork, then you would basically have xc geometry. Again, I could be wrong on this. Thanks.

Both the Enduro and SJ are 67.5 HA.... you may have been looking at the Fattie SJ which is 67. Im not totally convinced 1 or 2 degrees would make that much of a difference as I have run an SJ and Capra (low 65). A 63 HA on a DH rig is noticeable though.

There are plenty of very capable and good Enduro style bikes around that can do jumps and hit gnar but they have limits...... I doubt anyone would dare frequently hit 10 foot impact drops (as opposed to smooth flowy drops) on anything other than a DH rig unless they are very small and light or are off the clock in the skills department .....I think I would be worried about the fork and shock blowing up first and the frame being damaged from a harsh bottom out.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 22:15 Quote
@Joegrant I rock a 160mm pike on my E29. Nothing too custom....
I do sometimes run a 27.5 rear to make it super slack an low at the bike park. It is a beast like that but pretty shitty for climbing.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
Ok, good to know about the climbing and running a smaller wheel in the back. Thanks.
I think I going to go with the YT Capra al comp 1.
It probably doesn't climb any better but for 100 dollars more, you are getting a much stiffer setup with a lyric rct3 170 and better wheel set. The main reason I was looking at the E29 was because I'm quite tall (6foot 2/3 somewhere) and thought big wheel could be a advantage, but I also ride somewhat reckless so I would probably be replaceing the wheel often.

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 19:28 Quote
I ride my Enduro 29 everywhere. I have put my DH bike up for sale. I cannot attest to 10 foot drops, but
30' jumps, check
steep and rocky, check
tight switchbacks, check
rock gardens, check
5'+ drops, check
The stock "control" sidewalls are pretty weak, and if you're doing a lot of real step stuff, I suggest some larger brake rotors, and offset bushings.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011079
Mobile Version of Website