MTB rear suspension fundamentals

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
MTB rear suspension fundamentals
Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
My most innovative video ever !!

A FREE method for Suspension Data Acquisition without fancy equipment Smile Awesome stuff Smile

Hope you like it Smile
Bye.

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
This is just what ive been looking for... Love technical stuff, been watching loads of videos on the principles of car design, engines and suspension e.t.c

I've just found this now and although I've only seen two of your videos, i'm really interested in it. Will save the other videos for tomorrow but it seems like these are the best MTB suspension videos online! Going to download the Linkage Simulator and the Tracker Analysis to try get my rear shock set up how i want it before trying something else.

Super-informative, keep it up Big Grin

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
jgmu97 wrote:
Going to download the Linkage Simulator and the Tracker Analysis to try get my rear shock set up how i want it before trying something else.

Super-informative, keep it up Big Grin

Hi, thank you!

Regarding the Tracker, I'm in this moment testing other software that might be better than Tracker. It's called Kinovea. It's much faster to track the video and it seems to be more accurate. I will give more info in the next few days in another video. Bye.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
Hi ! After many requests, here it is my tips and personal advices for adjusting the compression and rebound (HSC, LSC, HSR and LSR):

Hope you like it. Bye!

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 7:34 Quote
This is really interesting stuff. learning alot. subbing and thanks for the vidsBig Grin

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 7:39 Quote
Oh cool, I found you on Pinkbike! Thanks for helping me out with that Stumpjumper vs Trance video. I am sure I will have LOADS of questions for you when I start tinkering with my suspension on my new bike! But first, I gotta rewatch all the fundamental videos again

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 9:08 Quote
Comparison of the new Diamondblack "level-link" system with the traditional VPP from Santacruz

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
New episode with a very interesting and easy test to check your suspension breakaway force.

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 8:26 Quote
A little spoiler from a future episode....

Negative air chamber... Differences between pressure & volume of negative air chambers...

Fox EVOL and RS Debonair vs standard air cans...

Understanding negative air chambers.... Volume vs Pressure of negative air chamber. Fox EVOL and RS Debonair vs standard air cans vs Coil springs... More info at my youtube channel andrextr or at http www.pinkbike.com forum listcomments threadid 176716

Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
Specialized Enduro and Giant Reign..... Some desmystification on the Maestro suspension myths and markething

After seeing my video, check this crap below..... LOL Madder

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 at 6:16 Quote
The reason why Coils and newer air cans (Debonair, Evol, Corset) are better than standard air cans in most bikes, and in particular on bikes such as Nomad 3. Smile

Nomad 3 coil shock vs air shock .

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
Quick question on setting rebound, your video shows the curb test seated, any reason why seated vs in attack position?

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 at 10:08 Quote
You can do it in attack position, but I prefer seated since it's easier to see the effect, more reproducible and it compresses more the shock (it eliminate the "suspension effect of your legs", and thus, all of the weight load goes to suspension and not for the legs). But you can do it on the attack position. I never did it, but I'm not expecting a different result Smile Bye

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014225
Mobile Version of Website