Continental baron 2.4 projekt

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Continental baron 2.4 projekt
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2016 at 4:46 Quote
Hallo, has anyone tried this tyre? How is grip and rolling resistance? How does it compare with similar tyres like magic mary and dhf/dhr2?

And happy new year!

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 19:16 Quote
Apparently they are unbelievablely good for their intended purpose and not particularly heavy for level of performance.

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/test-review-the-continental-baron-2-4-projekt-tyres/

Posted: Jan 2, 2016 at 20:48 Quote
Are these in 27.5" size?

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 6:03 Quote
@reelsimple they are available in 26 x 2.4 in a dh casing in the United States, but are available in the European market in 26, 27.5, and 29 x 2.4, all under or around 1000 grams in a really solid casing. They can be had but they are extremely rare currently and the only one I saw was about $95USD due to its rarity.

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 10:42 Quote
I ride one of those on my front tire and I think it is awesome. Sadly I can't compare to MM or anything else than the stock Hans Dampf that was on my Bike.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 21:25 Quote
Just picked up one in 26" from Universal. I hope this tire combo will roll well and still work good in the mud, rocks, and roots.

new tires

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
@NWRide killer setup dude! Im heading to Italy in April and hoping to snag a pair of the 27.5 or 29ers in der baron and der kaiser casings.

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 15:25 Quote
Robertlewallyn wrote:
@NWRide killer setup dude! Im heading to Italy in April and hoping to snag a pair of the 27.5 or 29ers in der baron and der kaiser casings.

I hope they work well. I am too much of a wimp to head out in the pouring rain today to find out. I tried the HD super gravities last weekend and they are really slow rolling and plugged up in the mud. The baron looks like it will handle the sticky mud a lot better. And from cruising around the block I know this setup rolls faster.

For the rear I ran one of the Continentals I already had, a 2.4 MK. I also have a 2.2 TK which is the exact same width. The der baron is actually a little thinner in the casing but I bet it will stretch out over time. But they are not huge like the 2.4 TK. I think I may need more beef in the rear sidewall, but for now I will keep the pressure up. Or maybe Continental makes the projekt casing in a fast tire like the 2.2 TK?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021228
Mobile Version of Website