Does anyone have experience of the Radon Swoop?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Does anyone have experience of the Radon Swoop?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2016 at 19:10 Quote
Also after sizing details, 6ft with a 34 inside leg which puts me between medium to large according to Radon sizing not sure on the reach either, I generally like a bike that feels a bit playful so I'm thinking the shorter reach of the medium may suit a bit better? Any help much appreciated

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 at 23:43 Quote
Defo get the large. You won't regret it. I'm the same size as you and I got the large which is extremely playful. If you get the medium you'll find it too small

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 2:52 Quote
owenpmtb wrote:
Defo get the large. You won't regret it. I'm the same size as you and I got the large which is extremely playful. If you get the medium you'll find it too small

Thanks very much for the advice and quick reply, I'll get it ordered

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 at 8:51 Quote
marcusmondo wrote:
owenpmtb wrote:

Thanks very much for the advice and quick reply, I'll get it ordered
yeah man go for it!!!! you wont regret it

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 4:25 Quote
Ordered a Large Swoop 9.0 on Saturday there, can't wait!

Hoping itll be here this week, wishful thinking maybe!?

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
I was looking at the 2016 Swoop 10's last year and was pretty much convinced that was my next bike then Radon revamped the range. In my opinion, they upped the price of the Swoop 10's probably due to the popularity and many people thinking they were cheap.

Saying that, I have just discovered the stealth black Swoop online for £3,500 which is at the very top of my budget but the spec is great............................all that is apart from the wheels. Customer reviews on Chainreaction suggest common rear hub failure. I'd hate to blow my budget only to have to replace the wheel within 12 months.

Thoughts anyone?

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
Mate. Up to you. I have the 2016 9.0 version which so far is bomb proof but obvs a different spec.

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
I have the Swoop 9.0 love this bike
Replaced commencal am v4

Bought Large (20)

1.82 tall
84 inseam

Posted: Apr 16, 2017 at 13:15 Quote
Having ridden my swoop 170 9.0 for 4 months I can confirm that its an absolute beast. Seems to just take everything in it's stride, climbs pretty well and sucks up anything heading back downhill. I changed the stem for a 35mm and a set of 35mm rise bars too as the front was a little low for my liking. My downhill rig is now sitting unridden as the swoop just beats in it all but the harshest of conditions

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 at 2:21 Quote
marcusmondo wrote:
Having ridden my swoop 170 9.0 for 4 months I can confirm that its an absolute beast. Seems to just take everything in it's stride, climbs pretty well and sucks up anything heading back downhill. I changed the stem for a 35mm and a set of 35mm rise bars too as the front was a little low for my liking. My downhill rig is now sitting unridden as the swoop just beats in it all but the harshest of conditions

Couldn't agree more. Got a 50 mm stem and wanting to put some bigger risers on. But totally agree the radon rides betterthan my old dh bike and canot climb to! Have mine in Park mode. Although this hinders it's climbing ability it is well worth the trade off for the downhills

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 15:25 Quote
Keen on the Swoop 170 8.0, and so close to buying but can't decide between 18" or 20".
I'm 6ft with about 86cm inner leg, but I've been riding a 17.5 (Medium) Cove Stiffee hardtail for a long time and don't tend to find it too small.
I want to be able to stretch the abilities on some rougher DH stuff and get into Enduro racing, but also don't want to lose the poppy fun and tight technical XC control I had with the Stiffee on flowy mellow singletrack.

Everyone seems pretty keen on going for the larger of the two sizes if you're in between on the Radon sizing calculator. Is that just a DH riding style recommendation?

Posted: May 27, 2017 at 6:03 Quote
I also had the sizing dilemma, bought the large swoop and haven't regretted it at all.

At just under 5,11 and an inside leg of 33 inch I can just reach the floor whilst sitting on the saddle (on tip toe)

bought the 170 10.0 for riding in the alps but cant stop riding it on my local trails as it is so easy to pedal !

I also ride a transition smuggler large which is great but not as playful.

Hope this helps. (bought it 2 months ago)

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 1:20 Quote
Vellad wrote:
I also had the sizing dilemma, bought the large swoop and haven't regretted it at all.

At just under 5,11 and an inside leg of 33 inch I can just reach the floor whilst sitting on the saddle (on tip toe)

bought the 170 10.0 for riding in the alps but cant stop riding it on my local trails as it is so easy to pedal !

I also ride a transition smuggler large which is great but not as playful.

Hope this helps. (bought it 2 months ago)

I'm the same height and inside leg as you so hopefully I'll enjoy this bike

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.105300
Mobile Version of Website