Transition Patrol

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Patrol
Author Message
Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 17:38 Quote
phalley wrote:
Does anyone else with a carbon frame have issues with water ingress? If I ever hose the bike down, even lightly, some amount of water creeps down the dropper post routing TIT (sorry had to) and is trapped inside the frame. I've had to pull the dropper and drain the frame of water.

I made a sort of e-tape plug around the cable that nestles into the opening, but I'm sure some water can still get by. Was thinking of drilling a drain hole, but not something I'd love to do.

Yes, I do get that from time to time.... pulled the dropper post before to drain, but doesn't happen often. I wouldn't drill a hole, but maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
caribooyj wrote:
6'1" 50mm stem, size large.... perfect fit

Changed to a Vivid R2C shock. Really excited to test a coil shock on the Patrol.

How do you find the coil shock, I have a large patrol (2016) on the way and am thinking of running a coil. Can you run 35% sag or do you run less?

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
willf28 wrote:
caribooyj wrote:
6'1" 50mm stem, size large.... perfect fit

Changed to a Vivid R2C shock. Really excited to test a coil shock on the Patrol.

How do you find the coil shock, I have a large patrol (2016) on the way and am thinking of running a coil. Can you run 35% sag or do you run less?

Sorry to say, I haven't had a chance to ride it yet with the coil shock. Still too much snow/ice on our trails. pretty excited t try it so.

Yes, running 35% sag. Keeping the sag at that level was my concern. Took me a while to except that much sag on a bike, but love it now and checked in with Lars from Transition about keeping the sag, while running a coil. Here's what he wrote:

"Whatever option you decide on, make sure to get a light internal compression tune, which is what we use on the Patrol. It's a pretty low leverage bike and they definitely perform best with light damping. With the X2 you'd have a lot of room for external compression adjustment as well. I'm 165 without gear, and have successfully used a 350lb and 375lb spring with slightly different compression settings. And yes, achieving 35% sag is definitely attainable and you should be right about there with one of those two spring rates depending on how much gear you regularly ride with."

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 0:46 Quote
Thanks for the reply that's great info to have, that must be painful waiting to get on on the new shock Smile mine won't be built up till march
I am thinking of putting an ext storia on the patrol after a few months.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
willf28 wrote:
Thanks for the reply that's great info to have, that must be painful waiting to get on on the new shock Smile mine won't be built up till march
I am thinking of putting an ext storia on the patrol after a few months.

Have fun with your Patrol! Amazing bike... I will post how I like the new set-up as soon as I get a few rides in.
cheers from BC!

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
Many people running 170mm upfront?

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:39 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Many people running 170mm upfront?
Not sure, I haven't seen one yet with 170mm. Super happy with my 160 Pike.

Liebe Grüße aus BC
Tom

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:46 Quote
Nice ride @caribooyj. I'm surprised you have time to ride it.

Here's my Suppressor set up 27.5. I'm 5'10 and ride a large with a 35mm stem.

Suppressor

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 1:41 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Many people running 170mm upfront?


https://instagram.com/p/BPfrCCaAqai/. This guy is.

I haverd of a few others too, my local dealer advised me to us a 160lyrik to keep the seat angle steep but I've no experience yet

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 1:43 Quote
https://instagram.com/p/BPfrCCaAqai/

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 19:27 Quote
Anyone else's Carbon Patrol look like this on the rear axle and around the bearings? Seems like its missing paint. This is my first carbon frame, so maybe im just overreacting?

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 8:43 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Nice ride @caribooyj. I'm surprised you have time to ride it.

Here's my Suppressor set up 27.5. I'm 5'10 and ride a large with a 35mm stem.

Suppressor

That's a beauty! I'm a big fan of the stealth look.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
dhben11 wrote:
Anyone else's Carbon Patrol look like this on the rear axle and around the bearings? Seems like its missing paint. This is my first carbon frame, so maybe im just overreacting?

No, haven't noticed on mine.... but now I'm curious and will need to check.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 19:13 Quote
caribooyj wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Nice ride @caribooyj. I'm surprised you have time to ride it.

Here's my Suppressor set up 27.5. I'm 5'10 and ride a large with a 35mm stem.

Suppressor

That's a beauty! I'm a big fan of the stealth look.
Thanks, just picked up this:


Excited to see what it feels like on there.

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 21:39 Quote
I'll be getting a carbon patrol any day now. What has your experience been with frame protection? Do you apply mastic tape? Where have you used it? I want to keep my rig as nice as possible.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013555
Mobile Version of Website