Helmet recommendations for a sweaty head

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Helmet recommendations for a sweaty head
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 19:19 Quote
I have finally worn out my old bike helmet which I've had for many years and I need a new one. It was more of a road/commuter style of helmet and my head would get so hot in the summer that my hair would be drenched at the end of a 2 hour ride. As the title states, I am looking for a helmet that would keep my head cool and protected at the same time.

A few I have been looking at:
iXS Trail RS
Giro Hex
Fox Flux

Please feel free to comment on these or recommend others. So far I am most interested in the iSX or Giro since they seem to have the greatest number/most aggressive vents. I'd like to spend under $120, but that isn't super firm.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 23:46 Quote
nakos wrote:
I have finally worn out my old bike helmet which I've had for many years and I need a new one. It was more of a road/commuter style of helmet and my head would get so hot in the summer that my hair would be drenched at the end of a 2 hour ride. As the title states, I am looking for a helmet that would keep my head cool and protected at the same time.

A few I have been looking at:
iXS Trail RS
Giro Hex
Fox Flux

Please feel free to comment on these or recommend others. So far I am most interested in the iSX or Giro since they seem to have the greatest number/most aggressive vents. I'd like to spend under $120, but that isn't super firm.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've got the Giro Hex and I find it has very good ventilation.

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 6:44 Quote
I`m using Fox Flux. Great & very comfortable helmet

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
Been impressed with the ventilation in the Scott Stego, bit of a left field choice though.

Posted: Jan 15, 2016 at 22:34 Quote
IXS trail rs is really good. Leaps and bound ahead of the TLD a1

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
Ixs trail rs gets a vote from me too. Got a troylee a1 now but some times wish I'd kept the ixs.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 6:05 Quote
thoroughly tried poc trabec, fox flux and ixs rs, ended up with ixs, chepeast and "bestest" for my watermelon Big Grin

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 6:29 Quote
Love my TLD A1 but things get warm in the summer!! Handy at the moment mind...

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
Regardless of the helmet you buy, the best solution for excessive head sweat is a washable head rag. I made a couple out of an old running t-shirt and it keeps sweat out of my eyes and stink out of my helmet.

Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 13:15 Quote
Under no circumstance get a met parrabelum That things creates extra sweat out of thin air then channels it entirety into your eyes and face despite being vented to buggery and then falls to pieces. Il take another 30 quid giro over this £90+ pos

Posted: Jan 17, 2016 at 1:26 Quote
Mavic Notch (Crossride) or Crossmax Pro, really good ventilation, washable pads, easy to adjust.

I'm really a TLD fan, but the Mavic helmets are just really good i cba buying an A1 Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 14:29 Quote
Fox Flux is always a winner. Just spotted this which i like the look of http://www.2wheelsonly.co.uk/2016-fox-flux-cauz-helmet---blue-13699-p.asp
Had several Flux's and might treat myself to another soon.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 15:26 Quote
I had issues with my old helmet as well. I switched to a IXS trail and it really was a game changer. I would sweat so bad in the summer I'd take my helmet off for climbs. Not a issue anymore at all!

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 22:01 Quote
The sweat in the eyes is such a bitch. Summer in Ca valley is too much for any helmet- I've tried 4 brands. I wear the headband with the silicon gutter band now to channel from the forehead. 80% prob solved.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
Definitely iXS Trail XS. I went from using a Giro Hex and a head band to keep sweat out of my eyes to not needing one at all with the iXS.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005152
Mobile Version of Website