Scott Gambler 720 or Norco Aurum C7.3?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler 720 or Norco Aurum C7.3?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 0:09 Quote
So i'm pretty keen to buy my first proper dh bike. Both are 2015 models.

Of the options available to me, these are the top two. Price wise the aurum wins, as I work at a store that stocks them so my staff price works out very attractive indeed, bringing it in a whole $700 (aud) less than the gambler. Not only that, but its a better spec'd bike (full zee group, lighter too).

HOWEVER, the Scott, its the bike that i saw, and you will know what i mean, I saw it, and instantly my mind said "thats it, thats the one!" despite that its not as good spec, despite that its heavier, despite that its more expensive, I cannot remove it from the list! The Aurum is the obvious choice, but the Gambler, holy hell do I want it and to hell with the consequences!

So whats your thoughts? Is my gambling addiction pure fantasy and stupidity, should i be smart, save the money, and go for the aurum? or go with my heart, which is yelling "GAMBLE YOU BASTARD!"

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
The aurum is a great bike. I rode one all of this season. For the price difference i dont think the gambler would make very much sense. $700 could go a ways to upgrading the aurum to take it a ways ahead of the spec on the gambler. I may be biased but I quite enjoyed the aurum this year.

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 9:58 Quote
Ride both, pick the one u enjoy the most.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 14:14 Quote
Aurum no question!

$700 can go toward upgrading the fork/shock or possibly wheelset which are the only two things (expensive things unfortunately) you would need to think about upgrading.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 18:41 Quote
You know, sometimes its better to just go with your gut. Definitely take things into consideration, however, unless you are racing at a very high level, i would say choose the bike that's gonna make you the happiest. When it really comes down to it, you should choose whichever one you'd rather see on the lifts, or sticking over your tailgate, or most importantly, underneath yourself when you're riding. If it makes you happy, go for it!! What's the point in choosing a bike if its not gonna make you happy? even if it is a better spec. Riding is fun!! And what's gonna help make it fun is riding a bike your happy with.
Hope this helps!!Smile Smile

Posted: Jan 20, 2016 at 22:42 Quote
zephxiii wrote:
Ride both, pick the one u enjoy the most.

Issue here is that my store would have to order the Aurum just for me, so there isnt one I could throw a leg over (i've checked other shops too). The Gambler I have held it and sat on it, so my bias is more obvious. As well as the fact that I'm a huge fan of their suspension design and styling.

Posted: May 9, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
hi, maybe somebody knows where i can find the down tube guard for the NORCO AURUM C7 please..??

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 4:25 Quote
Hey mate, you already know what you want, the thing is mate upgrading to make the savings on one bike from another is just screwing with your head... and so how it goes is like this, there will be options for up grades later on with the bike that you want, but really... is it that necessary for up grades at all?
Follow your gut, and go with what you want..

Posted: May 11, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
Hi, I used to ride a 2014 Aurum although it was 26", got a 2015 Gambler and it is amazing, eats up everything and jumps really well. The only reason I would not go for the Gambler is if it doesn't have the Fox DHX shock and Fox fork. The suspension works so well it's witch craft. I gave a friend a go on it and he went straight home and bought a new bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011387
Mobile Version of Website