Marzocchi 380 Master Thread

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 380 Master Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
I've got a few springs, I'll take a look at what when I get in

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Do you guys know if the "new" bomber 380 has a different shim stack or any change on the cartridge side from the other 380's? I just saw on Marzocchi.com that they recommend using 20wt oil on the 2018 models( (coil and cartridge sides) instead the 7.5w like before.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
rodrihand wrote:
Do you guys know if the "new" bomber 380 has a different shim stack or any change on the cartridge side from the other 380's? I just saw on Marzocchi.com that they recommend using 20wt oil on the 2018 models( (coil and cartridge sides) instead the 7.5w like before.

2017 parts list, part 102: fox 20w oil but in the oil volumes under the tech tab it says 7.5w. Ive been using 7.5w in the 2015 380 and 2017 380 for the last 4 years. Never noticed the 20w for 2017 until now. I have a new 2018 380 for next summer, a good friend owns Vorsprung suspension I'll ask him what he thinks.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
20wt in damper is massive change more than just a shim stack.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
rodrihand wrote:
Do you guys know if the "new" bomber 380 has a different shim stack or any change on the cartridge side from the other 380's? I just saw on Marzocchi.com that they recommend using 20wt oil on the 2018 models( (coil and cartridge sides) instead the 7.5w like before.

2017 parts list, part 102: fox 20w oil but in the oil volumes under the tech tab it says 7.5w. Ive been using 7.5w in the 2015 380 and 2017 380 for the last 4 years. Never noticed the 20w for 2017 until now. I have a new 2018 380 for next summer, a good friend owns Vorsprung suspension I'll ask him what he thinks.


He's thinking it's a misprint, 20w spring side 7.5w damper side

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 1:42 Quote
How much oil do I need to put in the damper unit?? 80mm in each leg is for the lowers but can't find anywhere for damper thanks
I've never serviced a fork b4 but Gona give it ago looks straight forward. Is there anything I need to watch out for save me makeing any mistakes

Thanks

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
roberts3389 wrote:
How much oil do I need to put in the damper unit?? 80mm in each leg is for the lowers but can't find anywhere for damper thanks
I've never serviced a fork b4 but Gona give it ago looks straight forward. Is there anything I need to watch out for save me makeing any mistakes

Thanks

read post #1

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
Well all serviced took 30mm off the rubber bottom out thing and it's all working perfect ???? thanks to every1 who had in put on this thread

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

best fork i have ever ridden. Easy to service and very smooth, if you cut the bottom out bumper to just the right amount it feels like impossible to bottom out! I ride bike parks all day without getting my hands too tired or getting arm pump.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

Definitely better than any boxxer I have ridden. I haven't used the most current boxxer with the new charger damper but the Marz was way more supple and stiff. It just felt like a dh fork should feel to me. Very active in the beginning stroke and very tunable. Just be careful if you take the damper out not to strip the threads on the shim stack bolt thingy when you put it back together.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

Worst fork I've ever ridden but mine had a defective damper and Fox couldn't send me one that was machined properly at the time but luckily was able to return it. It took over 40lbs of breakaway force to get any movement out of it and after I rebuilt it, and sent it back to fox at which point they said it was fine, still took 25lbs of breakaway force to get the lowers moving on the stanchions with no spring installed and all the compression settings open. For comparison my Boxxer or RV1 you can get the damper moving with one finger and pretty much no force when a spring isn't installed and all the compression settings are open. That was right after fox bought them so maybe they have better QC now.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

Worst fork I've ever ridden but mine had a defective damper and Fox couldn't send me one that was machined properly at the time but luckily was able to return it. It took over 40lbs of breakaway force to get any movement out of it and after I rebuilt it, and sent it back to fox at which point they said it was fine, still took 25lbs of breakaway force to get the lowers moving on the stanchions with no spring installed and all the compression settings open. For comparison my Boxxer or RV1 you can get the damper moving with one finger and pretty much no force when a spring isn't installed and all the compression settings are open. That was right after fox bought them so maybe they have better QC now.
Im going to buy it second hand , do you know if Im going to have any problem with QC if that happens?

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Hello , I'm planning to get a Marzocchi 380 c2r2 Titanium ( the one with espresso color) , what can tell me about it? right know I'm bit divide between this one and a boxxer wc

Worst fork I've ever ridden but mine had a defective damper and Fox couldn't send me one that was machined properly at the time but luckily was able to return it. It took over 40lbs of breakaway force to get any movement out of it and after I rebuilt it, and sent it back to fox at which point they said it was fine, still took 25lbs of breakaway force to get the lowers moving on the stanchions with no spring installed and all the compression settings open. For comparison my Boxxer or RV1 you can get the damper moving with one finger and pretty much no force when a spring isn't installed and all the compression settings are open. That was right after fox bought them so maybe they have better QC now.
Im going to buy it second hand , do you know if Im going to have any problem with QC if that happens?


Just try cycling it to see the initial breakaway force, if it doesn't feel locked out all the time should be fine (for that specific issue at least)

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
anyone here can sell me spare parts? i'm looking for the compression stack and the knobs. Could also use a preload assembly. I was looking at a C2R2 (the plain one) for 200 on the buysell section and was planning to cannibalize it but the seller took it down.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016045
Mobile Version of Website