Marzocchi 380 Master Thread

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Marzocchi 380 Master Thread
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 16:40 Quote
Appreciate the input fellas. Pulled the damper apart today and it made more sense after I saw how it worked to use the 7.5w throughout. Service on both sides went smooth!

I’m gonna give the 6.5 spring a shot since it’s all I have and I’m dying to get to the park this week, but if anyone has a 7.7 lying around let me know.

Posted: Aug 31, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
Frolflundgren wrote:
Appreciate the input fellas. Pulled the damper apart today and it made more sense after I saw how it worked to use the 7.5w throughout. Service on both sides went smooth!

I’m gonna give the 6.5 spring a shot since it’s all I have and I’m dying to get to the park this week, but if anyone has a 7.7 lying around let me know.

how'd end up? does the fork feel good?

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 5:17 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
Frolflundgren wrote:

how'd end up? does the fork feel good?

Made it to the bike park this past Friday. Fork worked great for me. The noticeable stickiness that made me pull it apart to begin with is gone. I didn’t measure sag but I know I didn’t bottom out at all, damper and spring felt smooth all day. Note that I’m an absolute dh beginner so my rides are definitely mild vs someone with experience, but I didn’t feel like I needed more support from the bike at all, just my arms lol. Won’t make any changes until I get a few more days to warm up to the bike and to play with the adjustments.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
putting some extra oil in the spring side will help it to feel a bit more progressive towards using up full travel , may be worth trying this before getting a firmer spring, try 100 - 150ml extra

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Where are people getting seals from these days? I got some SKF ones from ebay but they seem maybe half a millimetre oversized as they were a real pain to install in the lowers and they weep tons of oil whilst riding.

Cheers.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 20:48 Quote
I have a few sets of 38mm factory Red low friction seals Left for sale

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 15:37 Quote
If this helps someone, I have a little tip to reduce the rattle that coil makes inside the fork.
I used amalgamating tape with my coil. I have no way to get any kind of PVC shrink wrap, so thought process took me into tape world, and first pick being amalgamating tape.
From witch I cut long thin strip.
This strip I stretched and followed the coil and laid and covered entire coil so that outer side of the coil was taped. Left it cure for a day, gave a good honey slick lube and there, my mullet makulu 2011 is really silent.
Very easy to do and very easy to maintain.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
Hello guys, just changed my SKF seals to new blue Enduro bearing one and my fork is peeing oil like crazy.

Got their 38mm kit and put everything properly and it is leaking on both side. My stanchions are in a good shape, the seals are straight.

Put the right amount of oil but my fork is literally a fountain now. I guess the Enduro bearing kit is a joke and in addition, it is poorly made. I removed them twice and put them back but still leaking.

Is anyone had the same issue with Enduro bearing seals?

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
Ba1rog wrote:
Hello guys, just changed my SKF seals to new blue Enduro bearing one and my fork is peeing oil like crazy.

Got their 38mm kit and put everything properly and it is leaking on both side. My stanchions are in a good shape, the seals are straight.

Put the right amount of oil but my fork is literally a fountain now. I guess the Enduro bearing kit is a joke and in addition, it is poorly made. I removed them twice and put them back but still leaking.

That doesn't sound fun at all, if it was initially lubed by pouring oil over the seals to coat the bushings and there is any oil between the oil seal and the dust wiper seal, that will usually leak out very quickly until it is gone from between the seals. Dumb question but oil seals put in the right direction? If you put the seals in and then stanchions and filled the fork from the bottom or either top without pouring oil over the seals then that would mean that wouldn't be the case and that the seals are indeed trash This is certainly good information for people to know. It does appear that the SKF seals are still available for these forks failing the enduro units. For the record I have not used the Enduro units, only the SKF ones. Looks like Enduro also has their new ARI seals available for marzocchi 38mm applications.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 21:50 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Ba1rog wrote:

That doesn't sound fun at all, if it was initially lubed by pouring oil over the seals to coat the bushings and there is any oil between the oil seal and the dust wiper seal, that will usually leak out very quickly until it is gone from between the seals. Dumb question but oil seals put in the right direction? If you put the seals in and then stanchions and filled the fork from the bottom or either top without pouring oil over the seals then that would mean that wouldn't be the case and that the seals are indeed trash This is certainly good information for people to know. It does appear that the SKF seals are still available for these forks failing the enduro units. For the record I have not used the Enduro units, only the SKF ones. Looks like Enduro also has their new ARI seals available for Marzocchi 38mm applications.

Thank you for your answer. I think the top blue seal is not rigid enough and their springless seal is useless.

When I installed the seals i put some suspension grease on the seals then put the stanchions and used a syringe to put oil on both legs. I emailed them few times the past few weeks. They never reply so no more cheap plastic seals for me! Enduro bearing should just stick to bearing i guess lol.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 22:05 Quote
Ba1rog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
Ba1rog wrote:

That doesn't sound fun at all, if it was initially lubed by pouring oil over the seals to coat the bushings and there is any oil between the oil seal and the dust wiper seal, that will usually leak out very quickly until it is gone from between the seals. Dumb question but oil seals put in the right direction? If you put the seals in and then stanchions and filled the fork from the bottom or either top without pouring oil over the seals then that would mean that wouldn't be the case and that the seals are indeed trash This is certainly good information for people to know. It does appear that the SKF seals are still available for these forks failing the enduro units. For the record I have not used the Enduro units, only the SKF ones. Looks like Enduro also has their new ARI seals available for Marzocchi 38mm applications.

Thank you for your answer. I think the top blue seal is not rigid enough and their springless seal is useless.

When I installed the seals i put some suspension grease on the seals then put the stanchions and used a syringe to put oil on both legs. I emailed them few times the past few weeks. They never reply so no more cheap plastic seals for me! Enduro bearing should just stick to bearing i guess lol.

Sounds like a case of seals that are NFG, I have read lots of mixed reports of the standard seals enduro offers, I suppose this is probably a case of you get what you pay for. I also haven't been fond of their bearings either for that matter lol.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Ba1rog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

Sounds like a case of seals that are NFG, I have read lots of mixed reports of the standard seals enduro offers, I suppose this is probably a case of you get what you pay for. I also haven't been fond of their bearings either for that matter lol.

Hey anyone have any links where to get the skf seals from? Been searching this thread but having trouble finding a solid source. Tried all local lbs and they cant get. Bought 2 sets a few yrs back as I had the same problem - should have bought more.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
S4 suspension

https://s4suspension.com/collections/dust-wipers/products/marzocchi-dust-wiper-finder-1?variant=31409778098238

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 10:56 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Ba1rog wrote:

That doesn't sound fun at all, if it was initially lubed by pouring oil over the seals to coat the bushings and there is any oil between the oil seal and the dust wiper seal, that will usually leak out very quickly until it is gone from between the seals. Dumb question but oil seals put in the right direction? If you put the seals in and then stanchions and filled the fork from the bottom or either top without pouring oil over the seals then that would mean that wouldn't be the case and that the seals are indeed trash This is certainly good information for people to know. It does appear that the SKF seals are still available for these forks failing the enduro units. For the record I have not used the Enduro units, only the SKF ones. Looks like Enduro also has their new ARI seals available for marzocchi 38mm applications.

So I contacted again RWC and Enduro, their emails were in my spam section. So they sent me the blue seals and the new ARI seals. The ARI are pretty nice and super sensitive, like the SKF but for $30. You should give it a try.

Posted: Nov 13, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
Ba1rog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
Ba1rog wrote:

So I contacted again RWC and Enduro, their emails were in my spam section. So they sent me the blue seals and the new ARI seals. The ARI are pretty nice and super sensitive, like the SKF but for $30. You should give it a try.

Awesome, that's good to know, I am not currently running my 380, but I will likely keep a set of those on hand for my backup fork. The SKF green seals seem to last years and years in these forks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006850
Mobile Version of Website