650b front 26 rear

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
650b front 26 rear
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 19:09 Quote
Right now my bike is a 26 inch wheeled Santa Cruz Blur LT from 2007. I really enjoy riding the bike, but recently I have found that I have straggling behind my larger wheeled friends in the rockier trail areas. After seeing articles on the Foes Mixer I have thought that maybe this would change my speed in the rocky areas and possibly make my bike feel somewhat more modern. I have done research on the topic and some people say that it is bad for the bike and will affect it's handling. I have also heard the opposite just as much though. Will I have to modify or replace 140mm fox 32?
I was also wondering how much more slack this would make my bike? I do ride many trails on the steeper bike but I'm still on a trail bike so what are the pros and cons of that.
Tank you Smile

Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 20:21 Quote
kaeton-sf wrote:
Right now my bike is a 26 inch wheeled Santa Cruz Blur LT from 2007. I really enjoy riding the bike, but recently I have found that I have straggling behind my larger wheeled friends in the rockier trail areas. After seeing articles on the Foes Mixer I have thought that maybe this would change my speed in the rocky areas and possibly make my bike feel somewhat more modern. I have done research on the topic and some people say that it is bad for the bike and will affect it's handling. I have also heard the opposite just as much though. Will I have to modify or replace 140mm fox 32?
I was also wondering how much more slack this would make my bike? I do ride many trails on the steeper bike but I'm still on a trail bike so what are the pros and cons of that.
Tank you Smile
you might be able to pull it off with a 110 to 130 mm fork, but your head angle is going to be slack at 140mm with 27.5

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014934
Mobile Version of Website