quick engagement , big difference ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
quick engagement , big difference ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 12:41 Quote
I have a superstar trizoide enduro rear hub built on superstar rims this has 120 points of engagement I love it I could not go back to any other hub. For dh a lot of people like hope hubs 24 engagement but I would run about 40 or more as it means you can get on the power quick. But if you want a lot of engagement for a good price I recommend the superstar trizoide as it is the same internals as the industry nine hubs so is good quality but costs only about £130 much cheaper than a Chris king.

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 at 15:50 Quote
a-r-c wrote:
For dh, engagement doesn't matter.

Right cause you don't pedal in DH riding. (sarcasm)

Not saying it's crucial, but it makes a difference. And if you're custom building your wheels it probably means you care about having quality stuff that performs well. If you don't care about details like engagement then why bother building customer wheels with super expensive hubs? For the cool colors and loud noises?

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 8:33 Quote
ironxcross wrote:
a-r-c wrote:
For dh, engagement doesn't matter.

Right cause you don't pedal in DH riding. (sarcasm)

Not saying it's crucial, but it makes a difference. And if you're custom building your wheels it probably means you care about having quality stuff that performs well. If you don't care about details like engagement then why bother building customer wheels with super expensive hubs? For the cool colors and loud noises?

Isnt that that the whole point behind getting nice wheels? They look and sound cool?
Haha...I went from a 1st gen saint to hadleys. HUGELY noticeable difference. If you ever incorporate some slow speed tech stuff in your ride, they rock.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013648
Mobile Version of Website