Bikeshop: what is the most important thing that you expect from your LBS?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bikeshop: what is the most important thing that you expect from your LBS?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 11:11 Quote
I wonder what most of the mountain bikers here expect from you good old or new bike shop in your town.

I expect from them Customer service, excellent CS.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 15:20 Quote
I expect my shop to take the time and talk things through with me when I have questions or concerns, that is when they are not slammed with customers. I expect any work to be top notch being thorough and reliable. I can't stand paying for a repair and getting home only to realize there's still an issue to deal with. I also expect to get a fair price.
I'm fortunate my LBS is amazing in these aspects. They understand I want to improve my bike maintenance skills and product knowledge and I never feel rushed through a conversation. They do this because they know I'm going to them when I get to something that's over my head and because they match any internet price I find they know I'm going to them to get my parts.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 15:52 Quote
I like to see honesty and no rip-offs. I usually do the "noob test" by going to a shop and pretend to be looking for a new bike at a reasonable price, and basically see how much they try to take advantage of me. Fortunately I have one good LBS, but it is 20 minutes away...

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 23:02 Quote
Honesty and friendliness is a a must, I remember being new in the sport and ask for some local trails in this town I was visiting, knowing anyone, I asked for help at this LBS just to be pushed to buy maps and not being help with directions when I didn't wanted to buy one; and it was a small shop with no customers in it, not that they were too busy to help.

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
For me it's good attitude and customer service. Too many bike shops are staffed with 20 something kids who act like their shit doesn't stink and that you are lucky to be able to do business with them. At the end of the day I think it's a matter of them not quite feeling assured of their own manhood yet, so they try desperately to rock the "experienced" vibe and totally miss it and just end up acting like condescending, snot nosed little pricks instead. I love doing business with someone who is simply friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about what they do. You don't have to know it all or even pretend that you do to sell me something. I wanna buy bike stuff, not stroke some kid's ego.

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
What I don't like is having somebody in my face smothering me the moment I walk in the door ...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008906
Mobile Version of Website