Anyone still on an older Intense?

PB Forum :: Intense
Anyone still on an older Intense?
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
Yeah, Intense was spot on with these bikes and are still relevant today in my opinion, although I won’t be squeezing a set of 29’s in between the chain stays like I did here with the 650B’s.

I always wanted to reduce the weight of this rig as the original build came in at 36#. It lost 5# with the upgrades and should drop to just under 30# with a couple more weight weenie items - maybe I’ll leave well enough alone for now though.

I think my next bike will be an SB130... took one for a demo run for 3 hours a few weeks back and I think it’s the bike for me.

Anyway, I’ll have to post an update once I get the suspension dialed in. I plan on hitting a couple of parks this year (7 Springs, Snowshoe), so it will be interesting to see how well it works with the new hardware.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Id love for them to make alloy model again for 2020.

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 23:00 Quote
I’m on this uzzi sL I love it! It handles it for reals I got it for a price I could not pass up.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
AntN wrote:
shag555 wrote:

I recently did some upgrading to the old Uzzi. She's got a set of 27.5 x 30mm IW Rovals with Minion 2.60's. Haven't had the opportunity to trail ride yet. Had it up to Ray's in Cleveland but the suspension is FAR from dialed in. Got bucked off a couple of times OTB there. Should be a blast once set up properly. The old setup had a 160 Vanilla RC2 and DHX4 Coil. The Hope brakes are from when I first built this thing in 2009 and are still going strong.

Will likely take all this stuff and put on a new frame this fall. The rear derailleur hanger is finicky and if not perfectly straight and all components right, it won't shift right. Looks as though G3's are scarce as hen's teeth right now too, although they don't look that hard to make with a mill.

Dropper post coming!

Love this bike!

The Socom I have pictured further up the thread....I'm no longer going to 'enduro' it... I'm going to make an UrbanDH Assault Vehicle lol

I'm going to single speed conversion, carbon rims and holyroller tyres. The Socom platform jumps amazing, I'd imagine a shorter travel Uzzi would be even better.

Love this alloy era and range of Intense from the Tazer-SS-Uzzi-Socom

Off topic but how did you guys go 27.5? Assuming both fork and rear swing arm swap yes?

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
alromero wrote:
Off topic but how did you guys go 27.5? Assuming both fork and rear swing arm swap yes?

Different bolt on dropouts for 26 and 27.5 Smile

I'm still on my '08 5.5!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
forteh wrote:
alromero wrote:

Different bolt on dropouts for 26 and 27.5 Smile

I'm still on my '08 5.5!
no kidding! Wow sounds much easier then I thought!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017885
Mobile Version of Website