Anyone still on an older Intense?

PB Forum :: Intense
Anyone still on an older Intense?
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/19354572/

My Socom FRO, I would love to make it a 27.5 mullet... Only reason being tyre availability lol.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
I still have a old Spider XVP in the lineup.
Lefty II fork, Mavic Cross-max and SLR wheels, Hayes Stroker gram brakes, 1x9 drive train with a sram xo grip shifter, shimano SLX shadow+ derailleur, and a Sun racing 11-46 cassette. The thing is a blast in the tech.

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb19390572/p3pb19390572.jpg

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
shag555 wrote:
photo

I recently did some upgrading to the old Uzzi. She's got a set of 27.5 x 30mm IW Rovals with Minion 2.60's. Haven't had the opportunity to trail ride yet. Had it up to Ray's in Cleveland but the suspension is FAR from dialed in. Got bucked off a couple of times OTB there. Should be a blast once set up properly. The old setup had a 160 Vanilla RC2 and DHX4 Coil. The Hope brakes are from when I first built this thing in 2009 and are still going strong.

Will likely take all this stuff and put on a new frame this fall. The rear derailleur hanger is finicky and if not perfectly straight and all components right, it won't shift right. Looks as though G3's are scarce as hen's teeth right now too, although they don't look that hard to make with a mill.

Dropper post coming!

So how did it ride 275? and do you have a source for the 275 Drop outs?

cheers , it look great.
Any update on how you converted to 27.5 on your Uzzi. What size tires are you running and did you have to change out the dropouts or did you just move it to the longest position?

Posted: Oct 11, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
Thread revival!

Did they make 26" Uzzi's in XL or XXL?

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
I still ride my 951 (first version) CRC blue with a Cane Creek DB, This bike is fun to ride even if a bit heavy...

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
photo

This one is starting to feel a bit dated so I’m throwing it out here

Posted: Nov 1, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
Yeah I still rock my 2012 Tracer VP:

Intense Tracer VP

I built it shortly before my first daughter was born, so it did not see that much use really. Still not that much riding time, so I won't buy a new one that soon. Toying around with the idea to get a new 27.5 fork, I bought a 1.5->tapered angleset already years ago so the starting point is there... Apart from a slacker headangle I don't miss anything really.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:18 Quote
This guy’s a blast on jump lines. I swear it has gazelle in it’s dna

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb19663592/p3pb19663592.jpg

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 9:53 Quote
Still rocking my 2001 M1. Ended up braking my lower chainstay/swing arm this summer in Snowshoe, WV and am still trying to locate a replacement. If anyone knows where I can find one, I'd appreciate the help!

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 20:17 Quote
MaxRange wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:
shag555 wrote:
photo

I recently did some upgrading to the old Uzzi. She's got a set of 27.5 x 30mm IW Rovals with Minion 2.60's. Haven't had the opportunity to trail ride yet. Had it up to Ray's in Cleveland but the suspension is FAR from dialed in. Got bucked off a couple of times OTB there. Should be a blast once set up properly. The old setup had a 160 Vanilla RC2 and DHX4 Coil. The Hope brakes are from when I first built this thing in 2009 and are still going strong.

Will likely take all this stuff and put on a new frame this fall. The rear derailleur hanger is finicky and if not perfectly straight and all components right, it won't shift right. Looks as though G3's are scarce as hen's teeth right now too, although they don't look that hard to make with a mill.

Dropper post coming!

So how did it ride 275? and do you have a source for the 275 Drop outs?

cheers , it look great.
Any update on how you converted to 27.5 on your Uzzi. What size tires are you running and did you have to change out the dropouts or did you just move it to the longest position?

27.5 can be run with the stock dropouts in the middle or rear positions. I run 26 x 2.8 minions on my Uzzi and they are 27.5 in diameter. The middle position is tight though and I currently run mine in the rear position.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025937
Mobile Version of Website