Whyte T130 RS or Transition Scout?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Whyte T130 RS or Transition Scout?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 2:52 Quote
Hi, I am looking for full suspension bike for cross country/trail purposes typically throughout the Peak District. I currently ride a Trek Superfly 8 which I enjoy riding, however get too much hammer time on the long descents.

I test rode a Whyte T130 2016, which really surprised me how natural and 'flowy' the bike felt. I haven't had the opportunity to test a Transition Scout yet and was wondering if anyone had any experience they would share on either of these bikes or maybe a comparison?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers!

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 14:23 Quote
Hi mate i can't comment on the Whyte but i have the Scout and it's a really brilliant bike, i went for a demo on one without really thinking about changing my bike but on the first piece of flowy trail i was on i was sold on it, soooo playful and poppy, it just wants to take off and keep on going, that demo gave me loads of pb's ( Strava ) that day, so yes i would really recommend the Scout, if you go for it you won't regret it, that's guaranteed Big Grin

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
SCOUT!!!!! I've gone on three rides on mine and was sold on it before I even rode it. it shreds like there's no tomorrow, carves turns and is so easy to flow and pump i love it. same as kevcar43, I haven't ridden the whyte, but i do know that transition has excellent customer service (i had some build issues, but that's due to my own incompetence) and the main qualm is that the bb is too low, which I have not run into whatsoever so far.

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 at 7:15 Quote
I just bought the whyte t130 Yari.
Very good specs for the money & agressive geometry.
I just took it in some of my preferable enduro/ DH trails and it did just fine!
It is very nimble and has the quickest response in line changing than any bike I ever owned.
It pedals quite good but it is not the best climber out there. It does however rewards you on the decents!
Quite heavy though at 14,6kg with pedals.
for your info it replaced my beloved enduro 29er.
Quite happy so far!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009403
Mobile Version of Website