Enduro evo or status?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
What's up everyone, new to pinkbike and I'm looking for some opinions I'm looking to purchase a new bike now eventually I would like to buy 2 bikes and I want to bridge the gap between them my choices are Enduro comp and a status or stump jumper and Enduro evo? Not sure what's better between the evo and a status as an entry level dh style bike. I'm thinking on throwing a pivot Mach 6 in there somewhere but I favor the enduro. I live in mass but I'm open to traveling new England area and other states. All input and opinions will help thanks

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 19:48 Quote
With and Enduro you can at least go up hills. The Status is a tank. Any upward incline makes you want to puke. But it's a blast going down.

Posted: Feb 6, 2016 at 5:32 Quote
That's why I want to buy 2 bikes eventually but which 2 I'm not sure yet and I wanna see what they do with the 2017 enduro

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 7:42 Quote
The status is like pedaling a bouncy house uphill.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 9:59 Quote
Yes I would use the status at places like highland in NH or q Burke in VT or is the Evo a better more versatile bike is it good going down hill? I also like the pivot mach 6

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 10:44 Quote
My Enduro is my park bike also. It will handle everything I throw it. the only thing is it may be slower going DH than a real DH bike.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 14:56 Quote
Do you have the Evo or the regular Enduro.my issue is I like them all lol but I need a bike that can still climb until I'm able to get a second bike. So out of the Evo the Enduro Comp the stumpy and the status in not sure what to get first

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 1:10 Quote
Well Enduro is a versatile bike but if you are planning to buy two bike, I assume your second bike is for DH or bike park
for the first bike i will choose stumpy and the second bike i will buy demo or status for the bike park because the gap between stumpy and enduro is close for me.
Stumpy will be my uphill or trail bike and my second bike will be my bike park bike but i prefer one bike that can handle it all because if you owned two bike you will cost more for maintenance, etc
I will stick with Enduro Evo

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 6:15 Quote
skybluuzz wrote:
Well Enduro is a versatile bike but if you are planning to buy two bike, I assume your second bike is for DH or bike park
for the first bike i will choose stumpy and the second bike i will buy demo or status for the bike park because the gap between stumpy and enduro is close for me.
Stumpy will be my uphill or trail bike and my second bike will be my bike park bike but i prefer one bike that can handle it all because if you owned two bike you will cost more for maintenance, etc
I will stick with Enduro Evo
Same boat I used to have a 2 bike set up and I just was not getting enough use out of the Demo to warrant keeping it. Also due to not spending that much time on it I found I was slower on it over my everyday bike just due to comfort level. So I split the difference between my 2 bikes and bought an Enduro. I bought a non evo version to make it more versatile for AM type riding yet still handle park days fairly well. Never had an issue and the park I ride it handles everything fine.

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 6:58 Quote
USMC wrote:
Same boat I used to have a 2 bike set up and I just was not getting enough use out of the Demo to warrant keeping it. Also due to not spending that much time on it I found I was slower on it over my everyday bike just due to comfort level. So I split the difference between my 2 bikes and bought an Enduro. I bought a non evo version to make it more versatile for AM type riding yet still handle park days fairly well. Never had an issue and the park I ride it handles everything fine.

Evo version it's more like a mini DH Bike like a SX Trail or maybe the Evo is same lineup as status so now we don't see any brand new status because of the Evo version
I also used enduro but the old version expert 06 and it never makes me disappointed on bike park or when in uphill section

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 7:10 Quote
I have a 2012 version the difference between the Evo and the standard was a longer travel fork. I bought a 180 travel fork and reduce it to 160 and take out the reducers for park days.

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
Maybe I makes more sense to go with an Enduro Comp for every day use and rent a dh bike when I want to use one instead of buying one. I'm no pro rider by any means I just love the look of a status and a demo 8

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 16:50 Quote
matty0030 wrote:
Maybe I makes more sense to go with an Enduro Comp for every day use and rent a dh bike when I want to use one instead of buying one. I'm no pro rider by any means I just love the look of a status and a demo 8

Great choice
Don't forget to watch this to become a mountain biker LOL

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009951
Mobile Version of Website