I dont no wich 4X bike i should get please help me

PB Forum :: Downhill
I dont no wich 4X bike i should get please help me
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 15:22 Quote
i dont know wich 4X bike i should get there is no price range for me so go go with some of my choises and tell me wich one i should get and if you have another good one tell me about it
my choises are
Santacruz Nomad 4X
Kona Howler
norco xxxx
and if you have one lese tell me about it and please help or say one of my choices
Pimp

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:32 Quote
well theres only one good choice there...
and thats the howler.
get a good airshock on the back and its a hell of a bike.
good for anything and everything.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:34 Quote
staatsrider wrote:
well theres only one good choice there...
and thats the howler.
get a good airshock on the back and its a hell of a bike.
good for anything and everything.
i dont no about that tho iam basicly looking for differ bikes because my kona dealer is a real jerk to me and my momPimp

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:40 Quote
Thats a damn shame, where about's do you get them from?

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 16:44 Quote
u cant go wrong with any of those bikes

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:31 Quote
i have a kona howler with a fox float in the rear, it is the best damn bike i have ever had the privelage to pedal. definitely worth at least looking into.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:33 Quote
im sorry to agree with this im not much of a kona guy but the howler is the best bit in that pile ive never seen a norco xxxx

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
Hey dj, not really sure what the 4x courses up in CA look like but if your serious about racing 4x or DS look for a bike that is pretty efficient with 4 inches of travel at most. I race with a Giant Trance, and I have to say I love it. I've ridden a nomad once, but I don't really recommend it, it's not the type of bike that is meant for 4x. The howler and the norco, look like a good choice. That's just my opinion, but try them out first....good luck.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 17:55 Quote
bigquotesSantacruz Nomad 4X

I think you mean the Blur 4x but u could still race on the nomad(IMO abit to much travel) I test rode a Blur 4x and it felt pretty nice and pedaled very well and with a pike you can alter the head angle depending on the type of coarse. Also consider the Yeti Dj Heard there pretty nice.

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:11 Quote
agreed that the howler is off the chain.
so get one
but dont copy mine Big Grin

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
sorry to break it to ya but kona doesent make the howeler any more. as for the other two the norco xxxx is more of a park oriented bike so the blur 4x is prob your best buy or you could try going with a kona bass. yeti also makes a nice 4x bike

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:29 Quote
bass is not a good idea
the reason the howler is great for 4 x is becuase the rear triangle on the bike is above the bottem bracket wich alows you to pedal with out bobbing alot.
the bass and cowan ds triangles are built into the bottem bracket .
look for a howler 06 and 07 are still avalible and are both great!Geek

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
I would Go eather Norco XXXX or yeti 4X there your Best Bet by far if your In to Slopstyle The Blur is Bla nice bike but Not a Great DJ or slopstlye more Freeride/XC Geom is not there this is MY opinion Only i have owned them all Well the Yeti ,XXXX ,Blur

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
i would go for the norco, its had great reviews and is a sweet bike

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 20:36 Quote
yeahhhhh righhtttttt
kona's where its attt

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.070135
Mobile Version of Website