Specialized Enduro or Stumpjumper FSR

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Enduro or Stumpjumper FSR
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 16:46 Quote
Hi, I am looking at getting one of these bikes and would like your input on what each one of these bikes are good and bad at. Example: climbing, desending (gnarly desents), flowy trails. Also what there limits are for pedaling up hills and hitting gnarly terrain.

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 17:32 Quote
I've got the '16 carbon expert stumpy fsr 29'r and it's by the far the best machine I've ever ridden. I've never been held up by the limits of this bike except for drops greater than 5' to flat cuz it'll bottom out. Though I assume I could just amp up the psi in the suspension or use the suspension tokens to prevent the bottoming out. On the other hand, I don't need to drop greater than 5' to flat because its kind of lame.

When climbing I can't complain either, I mean it's not a 23lb epic but its not a pogo stick either. It just works well. I'd buy it again.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 6:10 Quote
How does it handle rock gadens? Where I live there are a lot of super gnarly rock gardens and I am affraid that if I try to fly through them on a stumpy it won't be able to handle it.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 8:41 Quote
I rode a 2014 enduro 29 and was disappointed nearly across the board. 29" wheels wont do you much good on a bike that couldn't climb all that well. and through technical rock sections the bike felt too large for me (i prefer a more nimble bike) and i felt all i could do is plow over things with the gigantic wheels rather than pick a smoother line. i've spent some time on a stumpy fsr29 and it was far better. Although if you're looking into the 650b versions i'm sure the characteristics of the bikes are drastically different. Keep in mind the bikes i rode are from a few years past and thus have been refined.

Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 11:18 Quote
Yeah, I am 14 and 5,5 so I would not get the 29er. Plus I like a smaller feeling bike, so I will definitely go with a 650b.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009532
Mobile Version of Website