Flat pedal recommendations please!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Flat pedal recommendations please!
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
2nd the Vaults. Buying soon!

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 17:16 Quote
Go for thin pedals. They are so much better than the 16-17mm ones. Lighter, less rock strikes, much less roll over, and they look better too.
HT has theirs around 11mm and Spank Spikes are around 12mm. I've ridden both and slightly prefer the Spikes because of the wide platform.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 18:59 Quote
Check vp harriers. They are the same as crank bros stamp but cheaper

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 at 0:47 Quote
Hmm I'd avoid superstar pedals. Bought some delta evos that never stopped creaking then the bearing collapsed after a handful of rides. Got some new nanos as replacement and one of them is doing the exact same. Iv stripped it and re greased it but no change. There just poorly made. Delta evos are also not user serviceable as advertised as you need a special tool to remove the axle nut.
Nuke proof and vaults are the way to go

Posted: Feb 20, 2016 at 3:37 Quote
I have had super stars for years. I've have had the same ones now on two bikes and there still going strong. service them myself very easy nukeproof proof bearings one side very cheap from Crc! And phosfror bronze bearings on the inside which will never wear down! There the mag peddles so are very light can't go wrong with them! But the nukeproof are very good ! I had the same creaking with saints you can over or under tighten them it's trial and error. Pins cheap to. I believe nukeproof do plastic pedals now don't no what there like I'd try different pedals out in your local shop or friends before you deside hope this helps....

Posted: Sep 24, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
get some dmr v12s. they are under 50£ and are sick af

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 3:41 Quote
I had 2 set saints and durability problems with them. And the platform size is too small not comforutable. Then bought a dmr v12 very durable vell built and reasonable price. I wanted try bigger platform and try deity tmac s. Fell is good I like bigger platform but spindle plays in and out of the pedal. I sent it from deity and using my dmr v12 without any problem. İt has many wear and tear but spin buttery smooth. İf your foot bigger than eu 43 go vault if not bigger than 43 take a v12 and dont turn back Smile

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 5:20 Quote
Just bought a set of Xpedo Spry (xm24...) for 47$ on eBay and they are really thin with pretty good grip with my Shimano flat shoes. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221743109126

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
Hi. FIREEYE PJ-ACR pedals , 28 pins per pedal, so much grip.under £50 , loads of colours, not the lightest in the world, but are very good indeed. I've had a set for over 1½ years, with no problems. I did have a squeak from them 6monthsThanks ago, so stripped them down (soo easy) and greased them , good as gold. Stripped them last month just precautionary as didn't really need it. And replacing pins is very cheap like 100 for £3. Would of purchased another set for my new build but the wrong colour green.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
fielonator wrote:
The superstar ones I've had for 5 years are pretty good. Kona Wah Wah's are better with thinner pins. More grip but shoes don't last as long. Both are available for under £50.
New super star pedals not as good as old ones .Was gonna buy a set when they were in process of changing from foreign built to UK build, wouldn't sell me old ones or take order for new ones. Glad they didn't, as turned out UK built ones getting bad reviews.

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
I've been a huge fan of my Spanks!!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032472
Mobile Version of Website