Just Built a Process 153 Help With Handling!

PB Forum :: Kona
Just Built a Process 153 Help With Handling!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 13:26 Quote
Just got my process 153 built up and did a quick test loop on it and it feels like riding a chopperEek I am use to riding my Scott scale 900 29er and have no experience on an AM bike. Going up hill it felt like I expected it to but coming down I kept washing the front out. Today I changed the sag because I found that the o ring was way under the 30% line on the rear shock, I put 150psi in there and now it is right on the 30% line.

I probably need to learn a new riding style for this kind of bike but it just feels to vague at the front. I will try it with the new sag setting to see if it feels better! I hope so.
photo
<Photo does not exist: 131541174>

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
Nice build man, looks decent!
I bought one last October - old bike was an orange p7 hardtail . . . very different bike!

Took a few rides to get used to the geometry to be honest.

Now - very used to it, and it rides so well!

Main tip . . . I now don't feel like im leaning back nearly as much.
With the longer wheel base, the bikes so much more stable at speed, and wants to have more weight over the front wheel!

Keep at it man, it's a sick bike!

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 9:06 Quote
jacob-fagan wrote:
Nice build man, looks decent!
I bought one last October - old bike was an orange p7 hardtail . . . very different bike!

Took a few rides to get used to the geometry to be honest.

Now - very used to it, and it rides so well!

Main tip . . . I now don't feel like im leaning back nearly as much.
With the longer wheel base, the bikes so much more stable at speed, and wants to have more weight over the front wheel!

Keep at it man, it's a sick bike!

Thanks! I rode it again yesterday with less sag at the rear and it was ten times better, not perfect but better. I think I still need to decrease the sag on the rear, I used all of the travel on the rear but only about 70% on the front. I had a lot of fun on it this time. I think you are spot on about riding with more weight over the front.

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
my 2 cents,weight back front tire washes out .Centered on the bike is the way to think.

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
chickendog wrote:
my 2 cents,weight back front tire washes out .Centered on the bike is the way to think.

Yes you are correct. Rode the bike again yesterday and getting faster and more comfortable every time I go out. Definitely need to be centered on the bike.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 9:05 Quote
chickendog wrote:

I felt the same way coming from a HT to this bike. Now it's a matter of trusting the bike and myself and properly leaning the bike over during turns to let the side knobs on the tires to gain hold. Good luck with her!

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
Staktup wrote:
chickendog wrote:

I felt the same way coming from a HT to this bike. Now it's a matter of trusting the bike and myself and properly leaning the bike over during turns to let the side knobs on the tires to gain hold. Good luck with her!

Thanks! It is getting better each time I ride it.

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 13:51 Quote
Take some headset spacers out, it'll weight the front wheel more.
Had exactly the same feeling on mine, took a few spacers out and it was perfect

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008399
Mobile Version of Website