Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
....descending prowess..[/Quote]

I have been curious about the Michelin DH22 and 34 but they are almost as expensive as maxxis so I haven't bothered to stray from some tried and true. Would like to try the wild enduro front in a magic X compound too. Have you tried any pump track stuff with your michelin tires? How is the rolling resistance there?

Ah, see I am locked into one tire type. When the rear tire dies the front tire moves to the back and a new tire goes on the front. This is why I can never mullet a bike and all EXO or EXO+ tires have died prematurely on my bikes.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
monsieurgage wrote:
all EXO or EXO+ tires have died prematurely on my bikes.

Ah, totally understand that, I used to do the same thing.. For the couple years I had a buddy that worked for a brand getting me tires affordably enough that I did not rotate front to rear for a while, but I have since moved 1000 miles from that buddy, so here I am experimenting with Michelins lol.

The DH34 Bike Parks roll really fast, being a bike park compound they are built for longevity over grip. Since my Stylus gets used 50% at the dirt jumps and 50% on the trails, it is an OK compromise for me. Grip wise, I'd put them about level with a DHR2 dual compound from Maxxis. Not glue-like, but they certainly work in all but the nastiest conditions.

I will say though, if you want a tubeless ready tire with a heavy duty casing, reasonably grippy compound, and decent tread life, I'd highly recommend the DH34 BP. Not sure about Canada, but in the US you can get them from Cambria for 35-45 bucks.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Notbn wrote:
Looking good^^^

On another note, anyone having issues setting the proper B gap for shimano 12 speed on a stylus?

I just swapped my older GX 11 speed setup for a full SLX groupset with an XT cassette, but I cannot for the life of me get the B gap adjusted close enough. Even with the B screw backed all the way out, the cage is still very far from the bottom of the cassette and nowhere near the stamped mark that shimano provides. Adding tension to the B screw just moved the RD further away from the cassette. My chain length is currently 6 links plus a quick link which is longer than what is recommended by shimano (4 or 5 links plus quick link for a hardtail). I found with the chain at the shorter reccommended length the issue is the same if not more exaggerated.

Pics for reference

Is the chain length correct like in the following link? It looks like the chain is a little bit too short
https://dansbikeblog.com/article/how-calculate-correct-chain-length-shimano-12-speed-drivetrain

I had the same issue on my stumpjumper and my chain was one link too short, very sensitive setup !

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
Has anyone setup their Stylus with mixed wheel size (29F/27.5R)?

Curious about this for my Stylus and given that Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€, so typically like/prefer 29ā€ wheels, but curious about how much geo gets changed.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005072
Mobile Version of Website