Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
Have you tried with one chain link more?
I have mentioned that few pages ago, I had this issue with not being able to reach the proper B-gap on a shimano 12s transmission and adding one link did the trick. It was for another frame though

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 19:34 Quote
Hi all,

I am running a 2017 Chromag Stylus on 26+, just curious if anyone has ridden one with 27.5 front, 26 rear. Any feedback you all have would be cool, thanks.

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 2:28 Quote
I posted one of these on a different thread without realizing there was a stylus thread. Just finished this build not to long ago.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
I put a lyric ultimate on my stylus after the CSU broke on the pike. What a world of difference it makes to have a stiffer and more supportive fork. Because is came off a transition patrol though the fork is set up to 170mm travel with a 38 offset but this actually better preserves the geo I think. HTA is now 63.5, reach is a tad shorter 460-465, and BB might be a bit higher but all that is negligible and the wheelbase is more or less the same.

Also cut my bars from 800 to 780mm, what was I thinking having 800mm bars lol. I am 182cm tall with a positive ape index and still those bars were hard to engage with.

Gotta say I am in love with the hardtail and all it can do. Double black steep loam to rocky tech its got your back man.

Posted: Jul 22, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
Rgdelgadillo wrote:
Hi all,

I am running a 2017 Chromag Stylus on 26+, just curious if anyone has ridden one with 27.5 front, 26 rear. Any feedback you all have would be cool, thanks.

I had a 2016 with 27.5/26 mixed wheels on 2.4” tires. Rode a bit too sloppy at 160mm travel. Went down to 150mm and it was great.
Strangest part about mullet hardtails is climbing and low speed tech. Sometimes you’ll roll over a rock or root easy with the front and your back tire hangs up unexpectedly and tries to dump you into the bars. You get used to it though.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 16:49 Quote
That red stylus is so sick! What bars are those?

I am 6'3 so tried to get a bit more stack by lifting the fork to 170 - it ended up going up to 180, and as someone below mentioned, it feels a bit sloppy and disconnected. Am going to try some air shafts i've got lying around and get it back down.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
monsieurgage wrote:
I put a lyric ultimate on my stylus after the CSU broke on the pike. What a world of difference it makes to have a stiffer and more supportive fork. Because is came off a transition patrol though the fork is set up to 170mm travel with a 38 offset but this actually better preserves the geo I think. HTA is now 63.5, reach is a tad shorter 460-465, and BB might be a bit higher but all that is negligible and the wheelbase is more or less the same.

Also cut my bars from 800 to 780mm, what was I thinking having 800mm bars lol. I am 182cm tall with a positive ape index and still those bars were hard to engage with.

Gotta say I am in love with the hardtail and all it can do. Double black steep loam to rocky tech its got your back man.

I've cut mine down to 760, and although i have 800 on a big bike, 760 just feels really nice and agile for this bike, and i'm 192cm.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007647
Mobile Version of Website