Finger lakes downhill group forming for 2016

PB Forum :: USA - East
Finger lakes downhill group forming for 2016
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 17:31 Quote
I am a 45 year old downhill freerider for 18 years now. I am looking for likeminded riders to form a group that can break away from the rest of the world on 4-6 weekends in 2016 using the season pass. I would like to hit every resort witin a 6 hour drive of Canandaigua lake. Any interest out there?

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 16:06 Quote
What do you have within 4-6 hours?

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
I live in Farmington can make it to most places in 4 hours Mountain Creek Blue Mountain Wyndham Plattekill then whiteface is about 5 hours I typically go someplace every weekend all weather dependent for me

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 11:07 Quote
Oak is not my cup of tea all the stop and start of the lift one bike and one person at a time and fwiw if I have to hold my bike I should not have to pay for a lift ticket
I broke my ankle on the 4" x4" post sticking up through their wall ride

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 11:22 Quote
Upstate Downhill and Trail is a group of NY riders on Facebook. Check them out.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 14:21 Quote
I have hit just about every resort in vermont and ny over the past decade. My mission this year is to do 4 trips hitting everything on the parks season pass. First one is late may to 3 resorts in west Virginia. 6-7 hour haul. Low maintenance. Ride all day, camp at night and start again in the morning. There are a handful interested so far.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
I am from Albany, and go to college in Potsdam but have a summer job in Syracuse this summer. I plan to head towards vermont (kingdom trails) and New Hampshire (highland) pretty much every weekend. I'm mostly curious about the riding in and around Syracuse for week days. I have ridden cranx a lot and that place is a blast, but I was wondering if there are any fun trail bike/ enduro trails in the area? I just bought a trek slash and want to ride it more than just on the weekends.

Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 5:01 Quote
http://www.cycle-cny.com/trails-tmp/

The link below are trails about an hour West of Syracuse

http://www.mygroc.com/single-track.html

Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 10:27 Quote
lukedaq wrote:
I am from Albany, and go to college in Potsdam but have a summer job in Syracuse this summer. I plan to head towards vermont (kingdom trails) and New Hampshire (highland) pretty much every weekend. I'm mostly curious about the riding in and around Syracuse for week days. I have ridden cranx a lot and that place is a blast, but I was wondering if there are any fun trail bike/ enduro trails in the area? I just bought a trek slash and want to ride it more than just on the weekends.

Having lived in cuse my whole life, Skytop is something you want to check out. Its up behind the south campus apartments for SU. Park up by the last building and ride through the "research park" and into the woods. Its a trail around an old quarry with plenty of off shoots and jumps around.

Sad that cranx is closing this weekend.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 17:49 Quote
davr wrote:
I live in Farmington can make it to most places in 4 hours Mountain Creek Blue Mountain Wyndham Plattekill then whiteface is about 5 hours I typically go someplace every weekend all weather dependent for me

I'm in Farmington too! I moved here from Ithaca a need some ppl to ride with here locally

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 at 11:25 Quote
My brother got a cabin close to Watkins Glen. So is there any good XC are DH bike parks close to there. I know there's a small park with trails close to Canandaigua. But that's like over a hour drive. I can't find anything closer then a hour drive Frown

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 13:34 Quote
Coming from BMX and been riding a Spec hardtail for the past year. Been riding Great Bear a bunch and just discovered Greek Peak for some downhill. I'm about to grab the new Commencal sx because the hardtail with V brakes just doesn't cut it for the steep stuff. Probably can't keep up with you DH guys just yet but would love some people to ride with. I pretty much ride solo at the moment.

Posted: Aug 16, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
Mite check out Greek Peak thanks...any good single track at Finger lake State Park?

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 14:03 Quote
weaverlandbikepark360 wrote:
My brother got a cabin close to Watkins Glen. So is there any good XC are DH bike parks close to there. I know there's a small park with trails close to Canandaigua. But that's like over a hour drive. I can't find anything closer then a hour drive Frown

Check out Shindagin Hollow. There's an event this Saturday with demos and events.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014186
Mobile Version of Website