Is it time to hang up my wheels for my mental and physical health?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Is it time to hang up my wheels for my mental and physical health?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 18:40 Quote
I actually really enjoy this thread. I'm 33 and getting back into it as well after a couple years off. The same thing, big crash at the end of a season, worked full full time the following summer than just lost all confidence. Now I'm back trying to get back into dirt jump and pump track. I don't want to do anything stupid, just get my rhythm back and a touch of style. But I agree, I focus more now on technique and being smooth rather than just hit it as fast and hard as possible and hoping for the best.
Just in he last couple months of reading and watching videos I have felt a thousand times more confident just on the xc trails with some of the things I learned and took the time to read. Age I suppose does help with that.

As far as my dirt jump bike I just built up, I hit something. Not huge. But now I love rolling the pump track with my 5 year old.
I guess after this long winded thing. I mean to say. Take the time to have fun and work on small technical thing. And you will find you won't need the huge rush of a 15' gap if you can do a whole xc trail smooth and fast with a couple smaller jumps and drops thrown in.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 18:44 Quote
Just to add. The magazine that really helped me this year was
"Mountain Biking Skills - nail every trail"

Go find it and read. Really good

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012739
Mobile Version of Website