Front fork or new bike?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 22:01 Quote
So I made the mistake of riding my girlfriends cannondale Rush yesterday. The front suspension was so much smoother. If felt like my bike had way too much air even though it was less than hers. Anyway, I'm thinking of replacing the fork. The bike is a 2000 specialized sworks hardtail with a rockshok Sid fork. 1 1/8 steerer and my wheel is quick release mavic crossmax st. I'm hoping for more travel. I think the Sid is 80mm. I'm not too worried about the geometry changing a bit. I do quite a bit of light downhill. Are there any shocks out there that anyone could recommend that would be a bit more plush? I don't want to spend a lot and don't mind adding a bit of weight. Thanks!!!

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
It seems like it can be difficult to find a nice 1 1/8 fork with 100-120 mm of travel. Everything is tapered now. I was looking a while back and ended up with a Marz DJ1. Not ideal but it worked for a while. I ended up buying a new bike.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 17:05 Quote
Chain Reaction has some Fox 32 with 1 1/8 steerer and some others from Rock Shox, Manitou, etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010137
Mobile Version of Website